How Do You Take Pics?

Business By jillmakescakes Updated 24 Nov 2008 , 7:33pm by -Tubbs

goodiegoddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodiegoddess Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 3:04am
post #31 of 34

If you do turn your flash off just remember that the shutter speed is slower, longer exposer (even digital). If its off you need to place the camera on a flat surface and not hold it in your hands because they will shake, even a little and the pic is out of focus. I took photography in school, let me know if you have any more questions but see if this helps!

farmom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmom3 Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 3:13am
post #32 of 34

wow thanks for this information.

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 2:10pm
post #33 of 34

I use the cloth over the back of the oven idea and it works great. I've found that polyester fabric is good to keep the wrinkles out. My fabric is thumb-tacked to the wall behind the stove, rolled up and set on the shelf above the stove. This way it's always handy. If it's not handy I won't use it. icon_lol.gif

I think I average abotu 20 pictures per cake I like, then work it down to the best one. I have a regular point and shoot digital with some basic features.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 7:33pm
post #34 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relznik

By the way, I did not buy the unco-ordinated toilet paper! We've still got another dozen rolls of the flippin' stuff to use up before I can buy WHITE! icon_razz.gif

Aww, that made me smile. I live in Canada now, and you can only buy white loo roll here (they also think it's hilarious that I call it that).

My tip is just to use a synthetic fabrix behind the subject - the creases really show up when it's cotton, even if it looked ok in real life.

My husband made me a light box, since most of what I do is small. It works really well. (*needs to post some new pictures*)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%