Cream Cheese?

Decorating By RebeccaC Updated 4 Nov 2008 , 1:27pm by luelue1971

RebeccaC Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:54am
post #1 of 6

I'm probably the most green person on this site and for the world of cake decorating so please take that into consideration...I know you have to put a layer of buttercream between the crumb coat and fondant but could you use cream cheese frosting instead? I love cream cheese frosting so I'm hoping you'll say it will be just fine. But maybe I just need to give buttercream a try. Sometimes it can taste to commericalized. Know what I mean? But, probably just me.

5 replies
melissablack Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 5:10am
post #2 of 6

Yeah I'm sure that would work just fine. The only thing I found with cream cheese icing is that it is soft and doesn't hold up as well as buttercream for decorating, smoothing,etc... I don't see why you couldn't use it for your crumb coat though.

aztomcat Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 5:11am
post #3 of 6

Welcome...... cream cheese frosting will work fine. Just make it thicker than normal.

If you like you can check out a Crusting Wedding Cream cheese frosting I have posted in recipes. its a little thicker.

Sweetcakes23 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 5:12am
post #4 of 6

I've not done it, but I wouldn't hesitate....I see no reason why you couldn't.

kansaswolf Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 5:14am
post #5 of 6

I just made one with cream cheese frosting under the fondant! Worked great! icon_biggrin.gif

luelue1971 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 1:27pm
post #6 of 6

I have done this before and it was fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%