Humidity Help!!!

Baking By jouj Updated 4 Nov 2008 , 9:39pm by jouj

jouj Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 7

Hi, I live in a very very dry country, but miraculously, we have high humidity for a few days now!! I baked and decorated NFSC, but unfortunately, they became soft to the touch, and they are breaking and "bending"!! What do all of you who live in a humid country do??

Thank You.

6 replies
Ursula40 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 12:19am
post #2 of 7

Pray that they hold up untill the cust. has eaten them. No joke want to see how humid it is here? I'm attaching a pic of my halloween muffins with pumpkin topper, ..... You have to know that the pumpkins were made of fondant with CMC added AND were completely hardened through on Halloween. I took this picture yesterday (3 days later)

shiney Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 12:39am
post #3 of 7

I would think Kim in cajun could help, it's very humid down 'round 'norlens'

liapsim Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 12:45am
post #4 of 7

I live in Georgia so it's pretty humid here...I have to constantly put my stuff in the refrigerator constantly to help it on really bad days here!

jouj Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 1:56pm
post #5 of 7

Ursula40: This is a disaster, I hope these muffins were NOT for a customer!!
I heard that putting a piece of charcoal in the same box with the cookies, will absorb the humidity, has anyone tried this??

Ursula40 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 2:14pm
post #6 of 7

No these were left overs from my own Halloween party, put them into a tupperware after the party and 2 days later, this is what they looked like.

jouj Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 9:39pm
post #7 of 7

Did anyone have a problem with cookies and humidity?

Quote by @%username% on %date%