How To Get A Cheesecake Off The Bottom Of A Spring Form Pan

Decorating By mjjandz Updated 5 Nov 2008 , 4:02am by AnythingSugar

mjjandz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjjandz Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 9:17pm
post #1 of 16

I am making a cheesecake for my dentist's receptionist for Thanksgiving. How do I get the cheesecake off the bottom of my spring form pan and on to a cardboard cake round?

Thanks
Allison

15 replies
Merridwen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Merridwen Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 9:33pm
post #2 of 16

Here is how I do it:

While the cheesecake is cold, hold the bottom over an open flame (I used the burner on my gas stove, my mom uses a torch). Don't sit it down or anything, just hold it above and move it back and forth so it doesn't scortch or anything. You shouldn't need to do it for very long- you don't want to completely melt all the butter holding the crust together... just loosen it slightly. icon_razz.gif Turn the cake over onto a round (I usually put down parchment or saran wrap, so it doesn't stick), then gently lift the bottom off, and flip back over onto the round/plate you want to serve it on.

I've used this technique a few times already, including when submitting a cheesecake for a competition, and it works like a charm. Just be careful! icon_smile.gif

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 16

I would also like to know how to do this.. I always have to take mine and then wait until it is almost gone to leave!!!

I don't have an open flame or torch.. wonder what else would work??

babybundt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 16

i bought a 10 inch round cake lifter. i slide it between the crust and the bottom of the springform pan and then lift it off and slide it onto the cakeboard.........

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 9:45pm
post #5 of 16

You can buy a cardboard cake circle the same size as your pan base and wrap it in foil, plonk it into the pan and bake right on it icon_smile.gif

Juds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 9:51pm
post #6 of 16

I line the base with foil, bake and chill as usual remove side then invert on plate and peel away foil, place cake round on crust, flip and decorate. Hope this helps

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 9:51pm
post #7 of 16

I do what "babybundt" does. It works fine.

Mandy

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 10:00pm
post #8 of 16

I don't even use a springform. I bake my cheesecake in a regular cake pan. Invert it onto a plastic wrap covered circle, then again onto the final circle. I realize I haven't helped you at all, but maybe for the future icon_smile.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 10:17pm
post #9 of 16

Chill it, turn it over on to another cake circle, slide a spatula between the plate, and crust.

Next time cover your bottom in foil. On the bottom there is a lil lip. Do you have that going up, or going down? If you point it down it makes the process a lot easier. After the foil just spray it.

Mike

mjjandz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjjandz Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 10:58pm
post #10 of 16

WOW thanks for all the help. I will let you know how it comes out.

Thanks

Allison

MaloSlatko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaloSlatko Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 11:05pm
post #11 of 16

If you do not have a flame torch or a gas stove, a hairdryer set to the highest setting and held close to the pan might also work.

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 11:25pm
post #12 of 16

I usually turn the bottom to my springform pan upside down before filling. It wont leak and then it is easier to slide the cheesecake off (no lip).

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 3:42am
post #13 of 16

We use a large spatula to remove the cake from the springform base to the cardboard round.

Paul & Peter

bubba01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubba01 Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 3:53am
post #14 of 16

I also bake mine on a foil covered cake circle and I never have any problems.

paddlegirl14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paddlegirl14 Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 3:56am
post #15 of 16

I line mine with parchment paper and cool. Then they come right off and the paper stays on the pn bottom. If it doesn't, it just peels off.

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 4:02am
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddlegirl14

I line mine with parchment paper and cool. Then they come right off and the paper stays on the pn bottom. If it doesn't, it just peels off.

I do the very same thing as Paddlegirl. Parchment paper in the bottom works like a charm.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%