Did You See That?

Decorating By TheCakeShak Updated 5 Nov 2008 , 3:10am by TheCakeShak

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 29

When I was watching Sandra Lee on the Wal-Mart cake thing on that tube thing, I scrolled down further on the page and saw videos on other cake decorating ideas, etc..
One video in particular really caught my eye, it looked like a walmart employee decorating a cake, a sheet cake in white with blue, yellow trim, scrolling happy birthday, and doing curly ribbons, etc..
Anyhoo, what caught my eye was the icing bags she used. They were "pre-packed" and "pre made", all she had to do was cut the tip off, put on the decorating tip and woo lah, out came the icing. You can even see the upc bar code and how they put list of ingredients writing, etc on the back of the bag. The icing was already mixed to the colors she wanted to use. And they were good size bags!!

I've never seen something like that! I would love to know where to get these premade icing bags, it sure would make my icing decorating go much faster!!
Anyone know where to get these pre made bags?
There were about 40+ cake decorating videos on this tube place thing.
I was in heaven!!

28 replies
Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 10:11pm
post #2 of 29

I have used them before when I worked at Coldstone. I THINK it is Bettercreme..... I personally didn't like the flavor/consitency.

Also you can't really custom blend, but if you make tons of cakes maybe? I dont know.

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 29

and you talking about Youtube? oh it is fantastic icon_smile.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 12:43am
post #4 of 29

Where was that video? I didn't see it. Yeah, I've worked with those prefilled bags, it is Bettercream, and I wouldn't recommend mixing custom colors with them because the icing is already at the consistency you want it to be at. Whipping it anymore will just break it.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 12:47am
post #5 of 29

Yah, Rich's Bettercreme has the prefilled icing bags in different colors. I was just telling someone about that earlier today in another thread!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 12:54am
post #6 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Yah, Rich's Bettercreme has the prefilled icing bags in different colors. I was just telling someone about that earlier today in another thread!

Why aren't you on Rich's payroll? Girl, they owe you SOO much money! icon_biggrin.gif

And since I have your attention, where can you get the prefilled bags? I only have access to the vat of bettercreme that Sam's sells...you know, the one big enough to drown a small child in...

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 12:56am
post #7 of 29

I've seen them at GFS

Mike

Amia Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 12:58am
post #8 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

I've seen them at GFS

Mike

What's GFS?

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 1:19am
post #9 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

I've seen them at GFS

Mike

What's GFS?

Gordon Food Service. It's like a restaurant supply shop but anyone can shop there. I think a lot of caterers go there to get stuff.

Amia Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 1:26am
post #10 of 29

Thanks Jen, I'll have to see if we have one here! thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 1:57am
post #11 of 29

Mmmmm... sorry, I can't answer... I'm fantastizing about swimming in a vat of Bettercreme now... heheheh.

If you don't have a GFS, try using the contact page on the rich's site to get someone to contact you with information on where to get these things in your area. And yah... they owe me big. icon_rolleyes.gif

TheCakeShak Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 1:58am
post #12 of 29

Hi Again... yep, it is that you tube place. I know that in the search cat, I think you can type in cake decorating or icing the cake, something like that and it should take you there while your at the you tube place.
I know I started with the Sandra Lee Video and scrolled down the page from that. Most of the video cat's were on the lower right hand side towards the bottom of the page.
But it's there... you just gotta look..
I was so into the lookie loo's thing I couldn't believe it.
This Riches Buttercreme at the GFS, do you have to be a commercial buyer?
Can anyone buy from there? Do you have the site address?

TheCakeShak Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 2:02am
post #13 of 29

ooopppss,, forgot to mention, this lady in the video doesn't talk. She's just decorating.
So, look for a large white sheet cake with blue border trim and go from there.
She's dress in a dark blue polo shirt and beige pants with the haircap on.
Hope this helps.........

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 2:22am
post #14 of 29

The bags full of icing are kinda weird. Who would have thought? I'm still going to check into though. I'll see if I like it.

weezasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weezasmom Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 2:26am
post #15 of 29

I have one in my freezer right now. They sell them at my local grocery right next to where they sell their frozen birthday cakes...

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 2:31am
post #16 of 29

So how much does a bag cost? Does it taste good? Can you get them in any color that you want?

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 3:30am
post #17 of 29

OK. That's it! I'm sick and tired of reading about how good this Rich's Bettercreme is. I have to find out for myself! So I just found the contact information for the nearest rep and I asked if I can get the stuff in my area or get it delivered to my area (I'm in South Louisiana). I HAVE to taste it for myself!!!

For others like me who have never seen the stuff and never heard of it before visiting Cake Central, this is how they describe it on their website:

Bettercreme® non-dairy icing and filling glides over cakes. It's so simple to use. It makes decorating easy for beginners. And it saves time for experienced help. Bettercreme® icing and filling even wins by an easy margin when it comes to taste. No wonder cakes iced with it as so easy to sell. Discover the many advantages:

it spreads easily
fillings are effortless
making borders and flowers are simple
decorates twice as many cakes as butter cream, pound for pound
consumers prefer the taste 2 to 1 over butter cream*
survives freeze/thaw without weeping or cracking
cleanup is simple
available in different formats - liquid, pre-whipped, pre-whipped icing in color
New Tip Inside Bag

For the first time, you'll be able to decorate right out of the bag because Rich's has filled it with Bettercreme® non-dairy icing and filling. There are all kinds of exciting colors, including our new lavender and black. And, there's a new decorator tip that is threaded to accommodate other metal tips for decorating convenience and variety.

Features and Benefits:

get substantial labor savings with easy-to-use bags, just clip and go
star tip slides out for immediate use
bags take up less space in the refrigerator
available in four colors (red, green, lavender and black) in 12 oz. pastry bags
no longer need to buy and clean separate pastry bags
easier to use for decorating than color butter creams

MUST....TRY....BETTERCREME!

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 3:39am
post #18 of 29

Just an observation, as I don't use Rich's, but there must be another manufacturer, because the bag she used in the video did not look like the bettercreme bag, and she had colors that rich's does not offer.

Melvira Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 3:50am
post #19 of 29

Ok Kim, I am going to give you a little advice. I have somehow been dubbed the Bettercreme queen, so I have to act the part! Hehehe. Anyway, most importantly, if at all humanly possible, get the LIQUID instead of the pre-whipped buckets. It is better tasting and much more versatile. Secondly, prepare to be hopelessly hooked on it, especially for cupcakes. If you haven't already, please check out this thread for ideas that will turn you into a Bettercreme junkie!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-601193.html

Amia Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 3:57am
post #20 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Ok Kim, I am going to give you a little advice. I have somehow been dubbed the Bettercreme queen, so I have to act the part! Hehehe. Anyway, most importantly, if at all humanly possible, get the LIQUID instead of the pre-whipped buckets. It is better tasting and much more versatile. Secondly, prepare to be hopelessly hooked on it, especially for cupcakes. If you haven't already, please check out this thread for ideas that will turn you into a Bettercreme junkie!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-601193.html

Oh Melvira, you're the wicked queen! I've been daydreaming about snickers cupcakes and malted filling and bettercreme. I'm going to look like the Staypuft marshmallow man by the time I've tried all your recipes and suggestions! icon_evil.gif

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:00am
post #21 of 29

Kim, where did you find it? i'm in West Central Louisiana and have never tried it either!!! Would love to give it a whirl!!!

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:04am
post #22 of 29

OK. So I found the video. Here's the

. I read through the comments and someone asked here where she works and she said WalMart. I'm going to ask her if she can tell me what kind of icing that is. Maybe she'll send me a pic!

Melvira, thank you, Oh Bettercreme Queen and Mistress of the Dark...Chocolate! I bow down to you.

If it's addictive then I really can't wait to hear back from him!

Thanks!

kbak37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbak37 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:10am
post #23 of 29

here's the link..

I tried to pause it and zoom in on the name..no such luck...thank you for sparking my interest though! icon_biggrin.gif

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:16am
post #24 of 29

Ruby2uesday: The rep's address is in Boutte, La, which is on Hwy. 90 south of Destrehan. Destrehan is South of the Mississippi on the way to the Kenner/Metairie area. I figured if there was going to be distributor in Louisiana it would be in the Baton Rouge or New Orleans area. I'll post an update when I get a reply.

kbak37 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:17am
post #25 of 29

"Nana's Custom Cakes

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:28 AM

I am the lead cake decorator for our WM, all our icing comes in already made all we do is open the lid. The whipped is Richs Bettercream, and the other is Brill.

A friend of mine works for Krogers and they have to make their whipped icing, but it comes in liquid form with every thing in it and they just pour it in a bowl and beat it until fluffy, also Richs Bettercream.

Lisa"

**********************NOTE**************************

WalMart does NOT make their own frosting from scratch. There is no recipe. They purchase it. Please re-read what Nana posted above.

kbak37 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:21am
post #26 of 29

I pulled this off of Wilton's site Brill or Rich's are the brands they use....
hope this helps!

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:23am
post #27 of 29

Hey, thanks, kbak37! Inquiring minds wanted to know!

For anyone interested, here's the link to the Brill website.

Melvira Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:22pm
post #28 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

I'm going to look like the Staypuft marshmallow man by the time I've tried all your recipes and suggestions! icon_evil.gif

Yah, this is my new diet plan... if I fatten up everyone around me, I will look that much slimmer! It's easier than trying to lose all the baby weight. icon_twisted.gif

TheCakeShak Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 3:10am
post #29 of 29

ok, goodie, I'm glad you all found the video. Now, question,,, looking at the video, which bag of icing is it she's using? It doesn't look like Rich's..
Please oh please let us know, exactly which is it that was being used.

I am sooooo sooooo anxious to try this kind of icing... Anything to cut the decorating time... icing just takes so gosh darn long to make. Yeah, I know, if you make it by your own hands, it's bound to be good!!

But sometimes, we just want to get the cake decorated instead of spending all that time,, making the icing.........

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%