Would You Throw It Away?

Baking By cakedesigner59 Updated 4 Nov 2008 , 3:25am by SILVERCAT

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 12

Please check out the cookie bouquet (in my photos) that I did for my Pastor and his wife. I'm thinking of throwing away the cookies that have the little footprint on them. Tell me what you would do...the reason I'm worried is that I used full strength gel color paste to dip my fist in and make the "footprint" on the cookies. I know it won't hurt anyone, but it WILL turn their lips and tongue orange. Should I toss them, or just leave them in? help!

It will leave a bare bouquet without them....Sigh. Thanks!

11 replies
cakedesigner59 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 12

<<crickets chirping>>
...anyone??? Please???

SweetDreamsAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsAT Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 12

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. It doesn't seem like that much color overall, even if it is full strength. I'm always worried about black RI turning people's mouths blue-gray... but I figure its just part of the experience of edible art... Your bouquet is super cute, and I think the color is fine. Hope that helps some.

cakedesigner59 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 12

OMgosh, thanks so much. I just looked at YOUR cookies, and I want to cry, they're so beautiful. Now I'm embarrassed you had to look at mine. I would love to have 1/16th of your talent. Yours truly are too beautiful to eat.

SweetDreamsAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsAT Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 6:03pm
post #5 of 12

Why, thank you so much Robin. But you probably also noticed that there weren't any cakes in my photos. (I'm too scared) So, I truly appreciate the courage, creativity, and talent I see in your cakes!! icon_biggrin.gif

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 6:25pm
post #6 of 12

I think the cookie bouquet is very nice. I vote keep them all. They will love it!

BTW, crickets chirping - very funny!

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 6:43pm
post #7 of 12

Oh... Those are way too cute! Leave them in for sure!!!

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 7:04pm
post #8 of 12

those are adorable! I would leave them in.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 7:09pm
post #9 of 12

I think that they are very unique and creative and I wouldn't take them out. Goodness, I am sure people's mouths just turned black from my coffin cookies, but they were perfectly happy!

My vote is to definitely leave them in and hats off to you for such a unique idea! thumbs_up.gif

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 7:25pm
post #10 of 12

I think they look nice. We all have to start somewhere! The feet were my least favorite when I did my cousin's cookies for her shower. I think it helped when I stopped trying to do the foot as a whole and did the toes separate from the rest of the foot (if that makes sense). I like it though and LOVED the babies! icon_smile.gif

cakedesigner59 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 7:37pm
post #11 of 12

Thanks so much, everyone. I will be able to sleep tonight in peace. icon_smile.gif

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 3:25am
post #12 of 12

No, they look great! Great idea with dipping the side of your hand!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%