Duplicate Posts In Halloween Contest?

Decorating By lisad1 Updated 3 Nov 2008 , 5:11pm by MosMom

lisad1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisad1 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 6:53am
post #1 of 12

Has anyone else noticed there are several duplicate pictures in the Halloween Contest? Or do they switch positions/pages after someone updates them? I just think if this were the case, it would give someone an unfair advantage. Just wondering if anyone else thought the same thing?

11 replies
sasporella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sasporella Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 7:22am
post #2 of 12

I think the pictures keep moving around. Also i think when a picture gets voted on it gets moved aswell.

sasporella Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 7:25am
post #3 of 12

Edited to read as above.

lisad1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisad1 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 3:42pm
post #4 of 12

yeah...i think you're right. I had started voting, did about 40 and had to stop. Came back a few hours later and everything was out of order, it was weird because every other page i started seeing the same cakes. It kind of makes it harder to go back to where you left off. Oh well, thanks for answering sasporella!!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 12

Same thing was happening to me. icon_confused.gif

thefrostedcakencookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thefrostedcakencookie Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 3:58pm
post #6 of 12

seems like kind of an odd way to do it though. i've been working on voting on all of them, but it makes it hard to vote on every one when they keep moving positions.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 4:13pm
post #7 of 12

I had to remove mine and put it back up because I had a watermark on it. The moderator removed it, and sent me a PM. So that's why mine was moved....

sasporella Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 4:17pm
post #8 of 12

Yeah i know what you mean it does make it confusing. I looked through all 10 pages and mine wasn't there and then when i checked again from page 1 it showed up on page 5. Like you said aswell the ones i voted on seem to be on a few pages and i also wanted to vote on as many as possible but i am all confused now.

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 4:33pm
post #9 of 12

This thread might help answer your questions....

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-20596.html

thumbs_up.gif

sasporella Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 4:37pm
post #10 of 12

Thankyou jjkarm for posting the link, that explains things perfectly. Now i am no longer confused lol icon_lol.gif

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 4:39pm
post #11 of 12

No problem....happy to help you out! icon_wink.gif

MosMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MosMom Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:11pm
post #12 of 12

That thread explains it BUT I swear cakes have moved on me while I'm still in the gallery. I go to click on the next page to vote but I see cakes I just voted on moved. I could be wrong but I swear they are moving when I haven't left the gallery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%