Craiglist Request I Found *boggle*

Decorating By EnjoyTheCake Updated 4 Nov 2008 , 5:54am by TexasSugar

EnjoyTheCake Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:48am
post #1 of 14

I often check craigslist to see what cake things people are selling. Well I came across this ad just now and all I can say is WOW!

Quote:
Quote:

ok here is the deal. I started planning my daughters First birthday over 2 months ago..i found everything to make this go right..well my the lady that was suppose to be making my daughters cake had a bad accident last night and now is stuck in bed for god knows how long..which means now..i dont have a cake for the party.!!!!
so here is where you come in..do you have any one you can recommend or can you make this your self...PLEASE SOMEONE RESPOND ASAP!!!!!!!!!!
Her birthday is on Sunday and her party is from 2-6. Its going to be in Round Rock. Her cake needs to be a CASTLE!!! and it needs to feed about 75-100 people. It needs to be big and PERFECT!!! we really want a big castle, but if you cant do a castle maybe there is something that you can suggest to go with a princess theme!!!!! please someone respond..and please dont respond if you are expecting me to pay like 100-150 for this cake! thank you....

you can also reach me on my cell at

I'm thinking to myself, Ok so this woman wants a huge cake with 2 day notice for less than $100. And it has to be perfect. I wonder if she got anyone to respond.

13 replies
JanH Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 8:04am
post #2 of 14

and please dont respond if you are expecting me to pay like 100-150 for this cake! thank you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyTheCake

I wonder if she got anyone to respond.

I'm sure there were MANY comments, icon_twisted.gif but no offers to make that cake for her. icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

Me thinks her daughter is going to end up with non-perfect, non-castle sheet cakes from Wal-Mart. judge.gif

Of course, she can always postpone the birthday party party.gif until her cake lady is well enough to make the BIG & Perfect Castle cake for 75-100 guests for less than $1.50 each.... icon_rolleyes.gif

MikeRowesHunny Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 8:26am
post #3 of 14

Well, I wouldn't wouldn't expect her to pay me 100-150 for the cake she wants, more like 500 + 25% rush notice lol!

MosMom Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:15pm
post #4 of 14

Too bad the party is over and she isn't near me. I have a shortage of last minute elaborate cakes to do for cheapskates.

kelleym Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:21pm
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovibabe

Well, I wouldn't wouldn't expect her to pay me 100-150 for the cake she wants, more like 500 + 25% rush notice lol!

That was going to be my question - can I respond if my quote is $500 for a castle cake? icon_twisted.gif

Quote:
Quote:

we really want a big castle, but if you cant do a castle maybe there is something that you can suggest to go with a princess theme!!!!! please someone respond..and please dont respond if you are expecting me to pay like 100-150 for this cake! thank you....

C-O-S-T-C-O with a plastic crown on top. Should fit the budget and timeline.

sami_gail Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:30pm
post #6 of 14

she's out of her mind! last minute and for 75-100 people! i just got done doing one for a FRIENDS daughter's b-day and i'll NEVER do it AGAIN!!! TOO much hard work! WOW!!! what a joke!

Rocketgirl899 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:38pm
post #7 of 14

lol icon_smile.gif

i bet the other decorator realized what a PITA this women was and cancelled.... or decided less than 100 wasn't worth it.

momma28 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:42pm
post #8 of 14

She may as well have said "because my daughter is the center of the universe make this cake for free and throw in some of your own money for ingredients!" Perfect castle cake for 100 people?!?!?!?! Wow she is out of her mind!

disneynutbsv Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 8:45pm
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosMom

Too bad the party is over and she isn't near me. I have a shortage of last minute elaborate cakes to do for cheapskates.

lol

fluttercakes Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 9:52pm
post #10 of 14

75-100 ppl for a 1 YEAR OLD'S BIRTHDAY?!?!? WTH?!?! That kid won't even know what the heck that big thing is for besides shoving her fingers in! Can you imagine what this woman will want for her daughter's 16th birthday not to mention the WEDDING? Good Lord!

PITA Alert! PITA Alert!

julzs71 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 10:19pm
post #11 of 14

you can respond to this. She said do not respond if it is 100-150. It isn't that price. It is 400-600 plus delivery. Go ahead and respond.

CakeMakar Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 10:26pm
post #12 of 14

Families are all different. In the family I was raised with, everyone stayed living close together and participated in everything - going to a cousin's softball game, niece's piano recital, uncle's birthday party was everyday events. It wasn't uncommon for 50 family members to spontaneously gather at my grandmother's house after church. Then one day my mom up and moved away from it all, and events were much smaller. She liked it that way. Now I've married into a large involved family again, and it's just like when I was young. We just went to my husband's cousin's son's softball game on Saturday.

When my daughter was 1, her first birthday was enormous. 100 people easily, a big BBQ bash and her baptism. We paid $200 to rent a private location. ALL friends & family were invited. I made a super elaborate 3 tiered tribute to pink and she had a mini sugar free 3" to herself.

I don't understand why people have this mentality I must outdo last year's party year after year. My daughter's 2nd birthday was in my neighbor's backyard with about 10 kids, planned about a week before the event, with a Costco cake. Her 3rd birthday was at the local park. She just celebrated her 4th and it was at a park again, with about 5 kids, mostly cousins. Just because you wanted to do the first party big, doesn't make you a pain in the ass. No, she has NO idea what happened. She won't remember it. Everyone else will, and one day she'll see pictures of so many people came out to celebrate her first year of life (and eat for free.)

Her 15th birthday will be huge as well. The whole traditional Quinceanera shabang.
None of this makes her spoiled or a brat, either. She takes good care of her toys and is very well mannered. If she ever tries to act like those Sweet 16's on MTV, she'll have another thing coming.

She'll pay for her own wedding, so that's up to her.

On the original topic - the price she wants to feed all these people with is ridiculous! She needs to go buy some $1 box mixes and some canned frosting.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 10:48pm
post #13 of 14

It's been a MONDAY through and through. Thanks for the laugh!

TexasSugar Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 5:54am
post #14 of 14

The sad thing is there is always a chance that someone just wanting to make a cake and not knowing any better agreed to do it.

I really wonder if she got her 'perfect' castle cake. icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%