Vicodin + Cake Decorating = Disaster!

Decorating By bcake1960 Updated 6 Nov 2008 , 10:46am by HannahLass

bcake1960 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:38am
post #1 of 13

I just had to share with you my "fun" week.. Wed. had dentist app.. just a filling no prob... WRONG.. UP ALL NIGHT IN UNBEARABLE PAIN.. Found out Thursday he drilled to deep and irritated a nerve. was in unbearable pain until 11p.m. Thursday night.. get this...I have a wedding cake and a birthday cake due on Saturday morning..my worst nightmare. AggHHH MAKE ME WELL.. NOW!! Well after many doses of Vicodin and Motrin.. and a few swigs of brandy.. (medicinal purposes only) My two cakes went together perfectly.. dh said maybe because I was so relaxed..and not in pain.. hahah.. Well.. When I delivered and set up the cake. I set it up with the back of the cake facing forward!! AND DIDNT realize it until an hour after I delivered while looking at the pictures I had taken of the set up.. THEN.. later my daughter tells me the Birthday cake I did, Dora the Explorer had 2 # 3's for a three year old.. MY DAUGHER TELLS ME THE CHILD WAS 2 YEARS OLD!! oh my gosh!! I was horrified.. luckily no one at the wedding noticed the cake was facing backwards.. and only 1 person noticed the birthday cake had a 3 on it.. the person said no.. its a crooked snake!! hahahha She was thrilled with the cake.. I HAVE SUCH GREAT CUSTOMERS!! They totally understood when I had told them about my week.. BUT NEVER AGAIN... THAT STUFF IS BAAADD.. icon_wink.gif

12 replies
Frankyola Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 6:06am
post #2 of 13

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif That is so funny!! (not the fact that you were in pain) but you are a pro!! and finish on time and a little mistake can happen thumbs_up.gif

lifonahil Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 5:06am
post #3 of 13

ROTFLOL

Curtsmin24 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 10:14am
post #4 of 13

OOh yeah!! Vics and alcohol can put you in a relaxed state of mind but, it starts to mess with you without you realizing it. icon_wink.gif It would make me laugh at everything. I hope you feel better!! icon_smile.gif

bcake1960 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 2:28pm
post #5 of 13

Well I do feel much better now.. the tooth has calmed down and my family has quit laughing at my screw ups..(they really do support me but we all do have a great sense of humor) We all love to laugh. Desperate times call for desperate measures! BUT I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!

Jocmom Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 1:03am
post #6 of 13

I was on Vicodin when I broke my ankle and foot. I was a giggling mess. I can't imagine decorating a cake while taking that stuff. You go girl!

Carolynlovescake Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 2:10am
post #7 of 13

I hate vicoden.

When I broke my ankle in February they made me take it until they could get my swelling down enough for surgery.

I had dreams of being chased and was trying to run in my sleep. Needless to say no one slept in my house that night because I kept screaming in pain.

Hubby called and said "give her something that works but with out the nighmares or else...!"

I pinched a nerve big time in my upper shoulder/neck area today and the pain is beyond tolerable. She gave me muscle relaxers to take tonight.

I can't wait to see what those bad boys do to me.

Curtsmin24 Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 5:04am
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Quote:

I can't wait to see what those bad boys do to me.

Please take them right before you go to sleep, depending on the brand and amount you are prescribed, you will get some really good sleep. If vicoden did that to you, then I worry a little for you on the muscle relaxers. My mom says that vics keep her awake. They make me laugh and get sleepy sometimes.

Wildrose6633 Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 5:38am
post #9 of 13

I can take all of the medications that give everyone else problems.
I can't take anything that says PM after it. My legs will vibrate uncontrolably and it's supposed to relax and put you to sleep it wires me for hours. icon_eek.gif

MosMom Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 5:54am
post #10 of 13

Hahaha! The title alone cracked me up! I would have been like the swedish chef trying to do a cake on vicoden.

Franluvsfrosting Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 5:55am
post #11 of 13

My DH is like that (and so are a few siblings. They're all dyslexic so we wonder if they're just wired different. icon_smile.gif ) DH took NyQuil one night to try to sleep through a cold...He was up all night long playing video games. By the time he was supposed to be getting up to go to work it was wearing off so he took another shot and worked all day! Really, really fast! icon_biggrin.gif

He did sleep great that night though!

Wildrose6633 Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 6:16am
post #12 of 13

Well at least someone else has the same thing sort of happen. Not that I would wish that on anyone. Nothing on the shelf really helps it's all behind the counter that means if I have a problem I have to call the doctor thumbsdown.gif

HannahLass Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 10:46am
post #13 of 13

First BIG props for getting everything done!!! can we say PRO?? I believe we can. I cant believe you managed to get all that done. I think I would have been slumped on the floor drooling.
I know the feeling. Nothing much works properly with me. And a couple of months ago I broke my foot didnt know at the time when i walked back to the car in lots of pain just thought i had sprained it or something. Had to have a temp cast as the swelling was too high to put a perm on on for a few days, gave me pills and told me to elevate it. did the pills work oh of course not even when i took double. Though I think I may be a sadist as I quite liked the pain when they were pushing shoving and telling me to move my foot when it was being put in the cast. I didn't make a sound. meanwhile a woman 2 curtains over was screaming and crying like a banshee. turns out she had only sprained it.i just gave up on the pain killers and wandered about grimacing. Luckily I didn't have any cakes due dont think I'd have been able to cope.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%