Cake And Candy Supplies

Decorating By TamathaV Updated 3 Nov 2008 , 4:01pm by TamathaV

TamathaV Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 3:45am
post #1 of 4

Hi there,

I'm a relative newbie here, although I've been making cakes for years. Now that I've conquered my avatar icon_wink.gif I will start putting some pics up.

On to my question...We moved to Northwest Arkansas from California 3 years ago and I have yet to find anyone nearby where I can get good quality cake and candy supplies. I have been ordering everything off the internet and paying a fortune in shipping. Just curious if anyone knows if there is a good shop anywhere near Bentonville, AR? I would even drive to Tulsa, OK or Springfield, MO if I need to.

Also, I'd like to try some commercial fondant (besides Wilton - yuck) and am wondering what you'd recommend for a client who doesn't like the taste of fondant but likes the look of fondant cakes. I have made MMF and I like how it tastes but don't always want the sheen that it has. Just wondering before I plunk down $$$ to buy it online.

Thanks!

Tammy

3 replies
JanH Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:38am
post #2 of 4

Hi and Congrats on your 1st post, TamathaV. icon_smile.gif

Great looking cake for your avatar. thumbs_up.gif

Best tasting fondant threads:
(Members expression their opinions as to which is best.)

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-3316103-.html

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-412663-.html

Sorry, can't help with suppliers in your area. icon_sad.gif

HTH

aztomcat Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 6:26am
post #3 of 4

Welcome to Cake Central. Your avatar is very nice.... a new decorator to share ideas.

Good luck finding your supplies. Here in Tucson, its either Michaels, Walmart (which you have plenty of) or I found a nice little cake/candy supply shop. Check out your area yellow pages.

Good Baking....

TamathaV Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 4:01pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the replies JanH and aztomcat! I'll check out those links.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%