How Do I Ship Something?

Decorating By hpotter83 Updated 3 Nov 2008 , 11:09pm by cylstrial

hpotter83 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:29am
post #1 of 6

A friend on another forum wants me to ship her some of my fondant figures. Whats the best way to do that? How would I pack them, etc?

Thanks!

5 replies
cylstrial Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 6

Yes -- I would love to know this answer as well. I know there is a tutorial on cookie bouquets.. so I'm not sure if you would kind of do the same thing.. or change it up a little.

But I'm also very curious about how to ship a cake. Has anyone ever done that before?

Thanks so much!

And Bama111 -- thanks for asking such a great question!

cupcakemkr Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 6

bama111 - I'd take the same approach I would if I were shipping a glass ornament. You could wrap each figurine in cotton and then bubble wrap place in a small box (large enough for figure and bubble wrap). then I would place each box in a larger carton padded on all sides with more bubble wrap and make sure there was bubble wrap around/between each small box.

hpotter83 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 6:41pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakemkr

bama111 - I'd take the same approach I would if I were shipping a glass ornament. You could wrap each figurine in cotton and then bubble wrap place in a small box (large enough for figure and bubble wrap). then I would place each box in a larger carton padded on all sides with more bubble wrap and make sure there was bubble wrap around/between each small box.

Wow, that's a lot of padding! lol But that would work.

Thanks for answering!

Rocketgirl899 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 7:15pm
post #5 of 6

I would also ship ASAP so if anything does break, you can make a new one.

OVERPACK!!!!!!

my dad worked at the post office and he said they pretty much kick toss drop everything. so write FRAGILE allllll over it... good luck icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 11:09pm
post #6 of 6

Maybe it should be insured..they probably take better care of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%