$500 Walmart Cake

Decorating By Rocketgirl899 Updated 19 Nov 2008 , 2:33pm by Lynnzee

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 12:54am
post #1 of 150

Okay, I love Sandra.. sometimes.... but this made me ROTFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cpd6rHIfyA&feature=related

I don't know anyone who would pay 500 for that!

....if you know who would tell them to call me.. i would gladdly make that for them icon_smile.gif

haha.

149 replies
Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:02am
post #2 of 150

Wow, I thought my cakes were lacking! Makes me feel better about myself.

mommakristin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakristin Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:07am
post #3 of 150

Malakin,

Thanks so much for my laugh of the day! I too don't know anyone at all that would be convinced that was a $500 cake!!!!!

MommaKristin

veronica970206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica970206 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:08am
post #4 of 150

You are too funny!!!!! I LOVE Sandra Lee, but she never should have said $500 cake, LOL> To me it looks like a $40 cake, exactly what they paid, for it to look like that.

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:08am
post #5 of 150

WTH? icon_eek.gif In what fantasyland does that look even close to a $500 cake?! Geez, it doesn't even look like a $40 cake! At best, it's a wal-mart $20 special. It's decorated with cookies and sprinkles for pete's sake! Gah! That woman is nuts. icon_eek.gif

lilmansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmansmum Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:08am
post #6 of 150

LOLOLOLOLOL....

That video is too funny. Poor Sandra Lee, she seems sweet, but I'm tellin' ya, most of the time, she just doesn't have a clue. dunce.gif She does semi-homemade stuff because she wouldn't know where to begin making something from scratch. lol

Edited to correct spelling. icon_razz.gif

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:09am
post #7 of 150

Now that was a "cake wreck."

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:09am
post #8 of 150

icon_razz.gif Thanks for the laugh, made my day

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:09am
post #9 of 150

Oh gag me!! It looked like what I call a "Family Circle" cake .... the cutesy little cakes on the magz cover that some people think are so cute ... like the 2 circle cakes cut to look like a bunny rabbit head! icon_confused.gif

And yeah ... if that's a $500 cake, then my prices are going up!

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:18am
post #10 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Oh gag me!! It looked like what I call a "Family Circle" cake .... the cutesy little cakes on the magz cover that some people think are so cute ... like the 2 circle cakes cut to look like a bunny rabbit head! icon_confused.gif

Now granted, I would never pay someone or if I was making them for a business, charge someone, but making those bunny head cakes were some of the best memories of my childhood! I thought I was awesome = lol.

All I have to say is lucky Sandra Lee is sweet and Mario is adorable, that's the only thing that video had going for it!

Rocketgirl899 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:20am
post #11 of 150

bless sandras heart... I love how she does reasonable meals and then a $300 table scape icon_smile.gif

lol. My bf laughs at her cause she always matched the kitch decor... She is cute, i love her, and her recipes are decent and save time.

But ohhh.... and you "just plop" the cake ontop of the other...

indydebi, I love this! " if that's a $500 cake, then my prices are going up!"

Sorry it's a link, CC won't let me embed the video!

lilmansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmansmum Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:25am
post #12 of 150
Quote:
Quote:

bless sandras heart... I love how she does reasonable meals and then a $300 table scape

lol. My bf laughs at her cause she always matched the kitch decor... She is cute, i love her, and her recipes are decent and save time.

Oh this cracks me up. I know what you mean about the table scapes and her clothes......Who on earth changes their kitchen decor to match the theme of every single meal they cook? And then coordinates their outfits to match too?????? icon_confused.gif Give me a break. lol Like real people could afford to do that. Must be nice.

Rocketgirl899 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:30am
post #13 of 150

I mean I know its a show. Kudos for her for "selling" her brand... but uhhh...

I HATE how see always uses ziplocks for piping bags.. can't you get em the grocery store now?

I mean i understand not everyone has access to em.. but sheesh.

Also personally I think Foodnetwork has dropped the ball on there "characters"

I pretty much only watch Alton brown... now

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:30am
post #14 of 150

Wow, what an ugly cake...just confirms that I still can't stand her.

Mario Lopez on the other hand...yummy!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:32am
post #15 of 150

I've never watched her show, but if that's what her show is about (throwing cheap cr@p together to make one big piece of cr@p) then I'm glad I've never wasted my time.

I wonder what Mario was doing on there? Is he that desperate for air time? He's so cute, surely those dimples alone could get him on a better show! icon_rolleyes.gif

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:39am
post #16 of 150

thumbsdown.gificon_rolleyes.gif Sandra "D" (DIVA QUEEN!) makes me gag! UGH! I just can not stand her........she makes Martha Stewart look like an angel....rofl.........just my two cents... icon_razz.gif

mbpbrighteyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbpbrighteyes Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:41am
post #17 of 150

WOW..... seriously, I can't stop laughing!! $500.... yeah... not exactly! Thanks for sharing- made my day!!!

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:42am
post #18 of 150

hahahahaha!
mario, "wal-mart is the smiley face".
uh yea mario.
very funny!
thanks 'extra!'

kake_lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kake_lady Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:48am
post #19 of 150

I've never seen her show...and I'm gladicon_smile.gif That was a HOT MESS!!!

tmt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmt Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:52am
post #20 of 150

OMG, that cake is horrible. it looks worse than a grocery store cake. javascript:emoticon('thumbsdown.gif')

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:52am
post #21 of 150

$500.00!!!!!!! What are we doing wrong, but then did anyone PAY that for it! That remains to be seen. LOL

dolcebaci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolcebaci Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:53am
post #22 of 150

What a nutbar! Is this woman for real? Get a life....how many of use "plop our cakes on top of each other?"

Oh well..I have to run...wal-mart is closing in 30 min and I need to pick up some cakes for a wedding! LOL icon_biggrin.gif

SouthernSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SouthernSugar Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:53am
post #23 of 150

LMAO $500 cake!?!?!?!?!?!?

My son said it looked like a 2 dollar cake.

Rocketgirl899 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:58am
post #24 of 150

i think it was her cooking on "Extra" like when Emeril does "the today show"....

her show is different.

I am glad I could make peoples evening icon_smile.gif lol. I know it made mine.

I emailed "cake wrecks blog"

tlreetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlreetz Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:00am
post #25 of 150

This went from a $40 cake to a $5 cake!!! YUCK!!!! Who actually believes that garbage??

poconogrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poconogrl Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:09am
post #26 of 150

does walmart even sell 500 dollar cakes? jeeze

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:10am
post #27 of 150

Unfortunately, the general public believes that. That's why they expect such a cheap product from us. LOL

Paul & Peter

iluvjay829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvjay829 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:16am
post #28 of 150

Ok...that was even too painful to watch the whole thing. Who does she think she's kidding??? Mario needs to stick to being A.C. Slater, not a cake decorator! Oh well, I needed a good laugh!

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:21am
post #29 of 150

Sandra is usually classier than that! Seriously. I have no issues with Martha or Sandra because I truly don't think they expect you to change your whole kitchen around in decor to fit a theme, but they are teaching you to take elements of what they are doing and incorporate them into making your lives a little more beautiful... that being said. "Sandra, what ARE you thinking!!!???" All that store bought stuff? I was in Walmart last week and they were sampling their Halloween cupcakes. Ugh, spit out, gag-a-little (okay, gag-a lot!) Sandra, Sandra, Sandra. Shame.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:22am
post #30 of 150

Uh! I've never liked Sandra Lee. Her show is just annoying. She matches her curtains and dishes in every show, and her voice is just so nasal-y. If she was making anything groundbreaking, then maybe that would be different, but she's cooking so-so meals with basically no effort. I could host a better cooking show.

And that cake is ugly. AND, it probably didn't taste very good, which defeats the whole point of a cake.

(I like this rant...can ya tell?)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%