Need Help With Design For Chocolate Cookie Dough For Xmas

Baking By Cookies4kids Updated 3 Nov 2008 , 6:12am by dandelion56602

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 11:03pm
post #1 of 4

I have this great chocolate dough and my design ability has just shut down totally. I want to make some cutouts for a fundraiser coming up and I want to use fondant on the top. I would like it to be a little on the elegant side, but I am open to suggestions. Something for Christmas. So I have chocolate dough and I can't think of a good shape or design for the top. Please get my creative juices going again!!!
Thanks for the help as I know you guys always come up with the best ideas.

3 replies
ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 4:16am
post #2 of 4

How about snowflakes? Cover with whtie fondant, dust with silver or white luster dust and then do details with white royal icing. Or gingerbread people with white icing details. I don't think that chcocolate dough limits you to any specific designs. But these are my most popular two that I make when I do gingerbread dough and they really come out beautiful.

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 4:27am
post #3 of 4

How about a house (like a gingerbread house look?), a sleigh, a stocking... If you are willing to color your RI then the sky is the limit, really. What about a snowman, that has fondant circles for the body pieces (individual circles overlapped).

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 6:12am
post #4 of 4

Are you saying you only want to do circles or squares? The type of dough shouldn't limit you like ALVARGA said. I think some "elegant" Christmas cookies are snowflakes & ornaments. You can cover in fondant & detail in RI.

If you are only wanting to cut out circles or squares there are some really cute scenes you can do---just do the fondant as the background color. There are some in the galleries---think snowglobe!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%