Does Anyone Have Step By Step Directions...?

Decorating By Meagazz Updated 3 Nov 2008 , 5:31am by Meagazz

Meagazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meagazz Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 2:19am
post #1 of 5

On how to construct a Tummy Cake?? Do you construct the tummy directly on top of the sheet cake, or do you construct it and stack it on the sheet cake??

On of my best gf's is having a baby and I really wanted to surprise her with a belly cake. I have seen soo many wonderful ones on this site, yet I just don't know how to go and construct one on my own.

Any help is MUCH appreciated!! (Maybe someone could post instructions in the How-To section??

Thanks!!

4 replies
Baking_Booth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking_Booth Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 2:47am
post #2 of 5

I think most people use the sports ball set from wilton for that perfect round tummy, you can usually find those pretty cheap at Wal-Mart. You could probably use sculpted round cakes....not sure.... I've actually been wondering about this myself!

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 2:51am
post #3 of 5

Some use the round sports ball and some use the egg shaped pan depends on what shape you want the belly and all that I've heard use the small sports ball for the breasts. HTH I'm doing one myself in a couple of weeks, they are too cute!!!!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 3:23am
post #4 of 5
Meagazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meagazz Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:31am
post #5 of 5

Thank you everyone for your help!! I think I am definitely going to have to try out this cake before I make it for my friend's baby shower!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%