Which Tip For This Frilly Icing?

Baking By -Tubbs Updated 3 Nov 2008 , 4:00pm by -Tubbs

-Tubbs Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 1:45am
post #1 of 6

Which tip would I use to get this kind of frilly icing on a cupcake? I tried with a large leaf tip, but that isn't right.
Thanks for any help...

5 replies
jescapades Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 2:06am
post #2 of 6

i would say it's a moon shaped tip - like a 401 or 402. they are very pretty, good luck and definitely post if you decide to make them!

cakelass Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 7:13pm
post #3 of 6

I am pretty sure it is a Wilton 100. THe cupcakes are nice. Something different from the usual swirl. I might give these a go also.

JennaB Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 4:54am
post #4 of 6

I agree it looks like the petal tip you just have to make ruffles with it. It's very pretty, makes me wish I could make ruffles but mine look awful.

all4cake Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:18am
post #5 of 6

looks like a 366(leaf) to me.

-Tubbs Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 4:00pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for your suggestions. I will have a poke around my tip box and see if I have any of these tips, and if not, maybe it's time for a trip out to Michaels!

Quote by @%username% on %date%