Spatula Stained Red

Decorating By ktb529 Updated 3 Nov 2008 , 12:42am by indydebi

ktb529 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ktb529 Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 1:35am
post #1 of 7

I just got done making some red icing and now my spatula is all stained. I use the Wilton colors and also the Wilton spatula (the wide, white one with the yellow handle). Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how I can get the stain out of the spatula???

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 1:53am
post #2 of 7

Hot, hot, hot water!
Actually spray/dip it in amonia then wash it w/the hottest water you can and dish soap.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 10:47pm
post #3 of 7

Just keep washing it and it will fade and go away. Until then the color shouldn't come off on anything else during use.

funbun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funbun Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 11:05pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Hot, hot, hot water!
Actually spray/dip it in amonia then wash it w/the hottest water you can and dish soap.

This is what I do but I let it soak for a minute and then wash in hottest water possible.

HTH icon_biggrin.gif

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 11:06pm
post #5 of 7

I just bought Dawn dish liquid with bleach alternative....try it. It worked well on my hands this past weekend for a cake... I didn't have any stained utenisils but it's worth a try. Next time try using that right after applying the color...

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 11:07pm
post #6 of 7

I find vinegar removes anything from anything! I would soak in hot water with a liberal amount of vinegar thrown in.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 12:42am
post #7 of 7

Isn't it amazing that the red that fades from our purple and leaves our flowers blue instead of purple, will stay on our spatulas, hands and counter tops for next to forever! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%