Shrinking Cupcakes

Baking By dthoures Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 11:52am by dthoures

dthoures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dthoures Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 4

I've been baking a lot of cupcakes lately, using regular cake recipes from scratch. A lot of them shrink after I take them out of the oven. Why is that? It seems to happen a lot when I use cake flour. Any suggestions on how to get nicely rounded and full cupcakes?

3 replies
Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 7:32am
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dthoures

I've been baking a lot of cupcakes lately, using regular cake recipes from scratch. A lot of them shrink after I take them out of the oven. Why is that? It seems to happen a lot when I use cake flour. Any suggestions on how to get nicely rounded and full cupcakes?

Do you mean cupcakes that look like they have a muffin top?

Add more batter to the cupcake liner.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 7:33am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dthoures

Do you mean cupcakes that look like they have a muffin top?

Add more batter to the cupcake liner.

dthoures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dthoures Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 11:52am
post #4 of 4

I think I discovered the problem. My oven was too crowded. I bought a 24 cup pan that fit my oven ok but didn't leave enough room for the heat to circulate. Once I went back to my 12 cup pans all my cupcakes came out better. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%