Who On Cc Made This Cake?

Decorating By Taigen Updated 1 Nov 2008 , 8:27pm by Taigen

Taigen Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 12

I have this photo saved but unfortunately do not know who the artist is. I know it is someone on CC.
I'd love to know how they did the beautiful writing on the fondant. Hoping the artist is still on CC and can shed some light on how this was done.

11 replies
Cookie4 Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 1:51pm
post #3 of 12

The CC person that created this cake used a stencil and an airbrush. She references a website that she purchased the stencil from (walltowallstencils.com) - you should take a look at their options, very beautiful but a little pricey.

Taigen Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 2:15pm
post #4 of 12

((Thanks))) so much for the replies. It really is a beautiful cake. I will have to look into those stencils.
Thanks again and congrats again LynnVC on such a wonderful creation. I'm glad I know again who made it.

Taigen Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 2:29pm
post #5 of 12

Just thought I would add this in case some of you didn't know. If you have the program "word" on your computer there is a part called "word art" in which you can type and make your own stencils. Print it on paper then use clear contact paper over top, cut out your letters to create your own stencils. Just thought I would pass it along for any that didn't know.

butternut Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 2:54pm
post #6 of 12

Thanks Taigen for sharing that with us. I do have Word and I've tried to locate the word art but can't seem to figure out how to get to it to make a stencil. I would sooo appreciate it if you can guide me in the right direction. Thanks soooo much!!

Taigen Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 5:43pm
post #7 of 12

Sorry for the delay in getting back. If you go into word, then insert, then word art...there are several styles available. Choose your style (I use the outlined one) then another window will open, in it you can also choose your font available and size. Print it out then cover the sheet with contact paper, this also makes it stiffer for cutting out the letters. When cutting out the letters I use an knife and sometimes you have to leave little "bridges" to hold the letters in place but they are easy to fill it after.
I just printed this out so you can see what I mean sort of. Hope this helps explain it better.

Taigen Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 5:45pm
post #8 of 12

Hmm it wouldn't attach...I'll try again

Sorry I have been trying to get the example attached but it just won't. I will give it a try later, maybe CC is just busy right now. Hopefully the explanation helped.

Jenn2110 Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 5:53pm
post #9 of 12

If you have powerpoint (another microsoft product), then using word art is simple. Along the bottom of your page, there is an icon that is a blue letter A that is slanted to the right. Click on that. All the word art styles pop up automatically. The outline option is the first one. click on that, then type in your words. You can even change the font on that screen. When you click "ok", then the words are on your page and you can use your mouse to make them whatever size you want. Hope that makes sense.

butternut Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 7:39pm
post #10 of 12

Oh alrighty, got it!! Thanks so much. I'm gonna this a shot tomorrow.

sillyjodes Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 7:52pm
post #11 of 12

I'm a mac user. Anyone know of something similar for mac?

Taigen Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 8:27pm
post #12 of 12

Trying again to attach that file...hope it works this time icon_smile.gif

Yeah it worked haha...now you can see how what I meant. Easy to print and cut out with a knife.
Sorry I don't know what would work on a Mac. Maybe someone else does.

Quote by @%username% on %date%