Anyone Else Love Winter?

Decorating By SeriousCakes Updated 2 Nov 2008 , 1:51am by jescapades

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 12:35am
post #31 of 33

I despise winter. The icy roads, cold days, snow, having to bundle up to walk to the car, plugging the car in, kids stuck inside, etc. It might look pretty sometimes but that doesn't mean that it's fun to have to live with.

My husband loves it though, he snowmobles and does other cold weather things. Of course this man also thinks that 80 is HOT. icon_confused.gif

I do get a kick out of people who say they love the cold but have never lived somewhere where it gets REALLY cold. One of my husband's cousins met a girl who had come north from Kansas to go to college and she swore up and down that she was going to LOVE a North Dakota winter. I told her she had no idea what real cold felt like, -30 is far different that +10. Turns out she didn't go outside much that first winter. icon_twisted.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 12:51am
post #32 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

I do get a kick out of people who say they love the cold but have never lived somewhere where it gets REALLY cold.

When my son came back from Camp Pendleton (Calif), he brought a girlfriend with him. She was SO looking forward to snow! First good snow, he takes her sledding. She steps out of the car and her feet go flyin' and she lands flat on her a$$!! She comes back to the house proclaiming, "I HATE snow!"

I told her, "In Indiana, darlin', you have to get a pair of boots." Son tells me, "Oh she had boots! But they were California boots! You know ... the kind that 'look pretty'!" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 1:51am
post #33 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJean

Not me...nope, I am solar powered, 2 days of cloudy skies with no sunshine and my battery goes dead.

ha ha, me too!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%