Question About Food Safety

Decorating By hpotter83 Updated 1 Nov 2008 , 2:07am by hpotter83

hpotter83 Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 12:17am
post #1 of 7

This is silly but if you make the MMF and add gum tex, is it safe to eat it after you have rolled in and modeled it and all that jazz? I mean, like dead skin cells and stuff lol. My hands are really clean when I do it, but my dad wont eat any of it because he thinks it will make him sick or something.

6 replies
EnjoyTheCake Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 12:35am
post #2 of 7

Will he eat hand kneaded bread? If you practice good hygiene and sanitation then it's silly to think that hands will ruin food.

The only thing that makes the MMF inedible is if it gets too hard and is just not enjoyable to crunch. Otherwise if it's made with all food grade ingredients there is no reason it wouldn't be eatable.

Carolynlovescake Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 12:45am
post #3 of 7

You don't want to know the FDA's standards for how many rat hairs are allowed per serving in a commercial kitchen, how many spores of mold allowed in a restaurant bathroom, and other equally nasty statistics are allowed.

Dead skin cells compared the the rest are nothing.

loriemoms Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 12:50am
post #4 of 7

I guess he doesnt eat fried chicken, french fries or potato chips, etc etc etc? Or lick his fingers in anyway? I mean, dead skin cells?

I agree, if he knew what was going on in the back room at any restaurant, or grocery store, he will never eat again! hahaha!

The only reason I wear gloves is because I am often kneading some kind of color into the fondant...but if you have good clean surface and have washed your hands...

psurrette Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 12:55am
post #5 of 7

So tell him you had on gloves...... really clean skin gloves

kakeladi Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 1:24am
post #6 of 7

Does he eat *anything* he or his wife has not made?? Do he ever eat out at a resturant? Or a church social?
To address you ? directly.......YES!! it is totally safe to eat.......that us unless you used the bathroom and didn't wash your hands icon_sad.gif

hpotter83 Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 2:07am
post #7 of 7

Ok, lol. Yeah he is weird. I'll tell him all that for sure!

And ewww on the FDA Standards!

Quote by @%username% on %date%