New Confetti Cakes Book?

Decorating By summernoelle Updated 3 Nov 2008 , 6:14pm by tonicake

summernoelle Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 17

Has anyone gotten theirs yet? I saw it was available now on amazon, and ordered mine this afternoon. I'm so excited! If anyone has seen it, how was it?

16 replies
osorio Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 12:26am
post #2 of 17

I also ordered mine about four days ago (It will take longer for me to get it because it has to come all the way down to México City), but I read good coments about it on Amazon.

summernoelle Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 2:11am
post #3 of 17

Can't wait! I love the first one.

cb_one Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 12:14pm
post #4 of 17

I got mine from Borders about 3mths ago. It has all of the original reciepes, (but cut in 1/2 for cupcakes) and a lot of new ones as well.

Worth getting if you have the orginal.

jessfmaldonado Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 17

Oh man I can't wait. My hubby gets paid friday so I have to wait til then to get it! UGHHHHHH!!! I am so excited to get it!!!! People already have it???? Oh geez, I feel so behind now! lol.

Jessica icon_smile.gif

MikeRowesHunny Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 5:26pm
post #6 of 17

I have mine. I would say the cakes are advanced and fondant skilled dependant. I wouldn't offer my customers these cakes unless they were prepared to spend $$$$$ for the amount of time they are going to take lol!

CakeWhizz Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 5:48pm
post #7 of 17

This might sound like a silly question but what's the name of the book please?

cb_one Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 6:01pm
post #8 of 17

Its called "Little Cakes"

revel Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 6:01pm
post #9 of 17

Confetti Cakes for Kids: Delightful Cookies, Cakes, and Cupcakes

CakeWhizz Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 6:16pm
post #10 of 17

Many thanks ladies!!

ERdocmom Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 9:01pm
post #11 of 17

I do love her first book and wondering if anyone has used any of the cake recipes? If so, are they any good? Thanks!

tootie0809 Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 2:14pm
post #12 of 17
Originally Posted by ERdocmom

I do love her first book and wondering if anyone has used any of the cake recipes? If so, are they any good? Thanks!

Are you talking about the recipes in her first book? If so, I've tried the chocolate cake recipe and it is very good, very rich and chocolatey. Great for sculpting. I've also tried the Banana Cake recipe. For me the banana taste was too strong and the texture too similar to banana bread. Tasted great, don't get me wrong, but just not right for cake, IMO. I've also tried her vanilla and chocolate cookie recipes. While they both taste good, they spread way too much in the baking process. The chocolate recipe in particular spread so much that it lost the look of it's cut out shape after baking.

I do love her book though. Her ideas are really fun and I think she does a good job explaining how to do things. I'm excited for her new book as well.

summernoelle Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 2:26pm
post #13 of 17

tootie-I tried the banana one, too. What was weird to me was that there was no salt in it, and I thought it was monochromatic tasting. If I use it again, I'll definately add salt.

The vanilla was good, I really liked it. The chocolate was too. But lots of work for both.

The meringue buttercream was weird, it calls for a quarter cup of vanilla, which is crazy nuts. But, it did taste really good!

cb_one Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 3:58pm
post #14 of 17

I have to apologize...I thought you were asking for the new Whimsical Bakehouse book.

In her 1st book I also thought her Buttercream had too much vanilla as well.

Sugarchic Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:54pm
post #15 of 17

Oh I can't wait til I get this book. I am also excited because I am taking a class with her on Nov 18-19 at Custom cakes in Savannah ga.

jessienj Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:59pm
post #16 of 17

I have it and I love it! I can't wait to try out some of those designs!

tonicake Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 6:14pm
post #17 of 17

Funny I found this post. I just got back from the book store and looked at both Confetti Cake books and I choose the 1st book over the second.

I hope all will post more after everyone has used the second book. I'm not sure if I want the 2nd - yet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%