Candy Clay

Decorating By HBradley66 Updated 1 Nov 2008 , 7:00pm by HBradley66

HBradley66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HBradley66 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 3

I have been playing with candy clay for a while and I have a question. Have any of you ever tried using it like fondant to cover a cake? I have a 3D car coming up and really don't like the taste of fondant. I also personally don't really like working with fondant, but it tends to be the nicest finish. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

2 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 12:04am
post #2 of 3

I've done it. On both layer cakes and on sculptures. Love the stuff. I got a first place for a modeling chocolate-covered sculpture at the OSSAS last month. I'd show it to you but the pics are on son's computer so I can't get to them. Bummer. You can see a monkey I covered in modeling chocolate in my photos.

Sometimes covering a cake in mod choc can be tricky without mixing in a little (or even half and half) fondant to give it more workability over large surfaces.

HTH,
Deanna

HBradley66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HBradley66 Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 7:00pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much. I'm getting ready to do the cake and I'm still on the fence. I may just go ahead and use MMF. I will post a picture in this thread after the cake is done. Wish me luck lol. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%