Is This A Glaze Or Is It Gumpaste?

Decorating By DiannaAguilo Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 7:03pm by momvarden

DiannaAguilo Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone. I dont have much experience at decorating cakes, but I saw a cake that had something dripping along the border that looked like glazed. It was black. Is that genache? really like the look of the glaze, Does anyone know what it is and possibly a recipe for it? I really appreciate your help. I am trying to decorate a Holloween cake for tonight. Thanks.

4 replies
JoAnnB Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 5

Looks like drizzled royal icing

kakeladi Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 5

You could use melted choco tinted blk Or the royal alread mentioned. YOu also could use b'cream melted in the microwave.

Rocketgirl899 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 7:03pm
post #4 of 5

id say royal icing....

momvarden Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 5

yea, that is royal icing. did you still need a recipe for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%