What Do You Think...divorce Or Not

Decorating By CNCS Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 8:36pm by Pastelitoz4u

CNCS Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 12

Yesterday I spent over 8 hours working on cakes for the church fall festival tonite.

I make my last batch of buttercreme. Partially frost the cake for the auction and hubby comes home.
I go take a shower and we go out to eat.

This morning I get up looking for the buttercreme, thinking hubby places it in the fridge...nope not there HE PUT IT IN THE SINK AND RAN WATER IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called him at work and ---ched at him. All he says is sorry thought it was left overs. Oh well.

I am soooo mad my blood pressure is sky high.

Make more you say...yeah right I live 20 miles in the boonies cant drive because of the cataract and I dont have the ingredients to remake the same color to match.

Mad isnt the word for how I feel.

11 replies
julzs71 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 12

divorce!

KHalstead Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 12

wow, if I divorced my husband for something that little I wouldn't have ever made it to the altar LOL My DH doesn't understand my "cake obsession" either, but I think I wouldn't be able to help but be a tad big excited if my DH actually picked up a bowl and put it IN THE SINK!!!! lol
I say you call him back and ask him to pick up the ingredients FOR YOU on his way home!

leah_s Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:20pm
post #4 of 12

I say he brings the ingredients to you during HIS lunch break.

lapazlady Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:33pm
post #5 of 12

I agree, hubby can shop and bring home the goods during his lunch hour. Divorce is a bit drastic.

tirby Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:46pm
post #6 of 12

Divorce, I don't think so. Not when the situation might be resolved by a simple note on the bowl saying DO NOT TOUCH. Or something like that. I know the 20 mile out issue (thank goodness we moved) but don't throw away marriage for such a trivial thing....
No one is perfect. My husband knows my obsession with cake and so I dont have that problem but compared to a LOT of people if water in your icing is your biggest complaint.....Consider it a blessing....
When examining your marriage look at it through a microscope, only look through the wrong end..... (things seem so small that way)

CNCS Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 3:26pm
post #7 of 12

He knew it was there, he knew what it was and after 20 + years he knows not to bother any icing.

He wont be home until 8 or 830. No lunch break he took his own.

DD is picking up the other cake at 5 and dropping it off on her way out of town.

So it's 1 cake this year instead of 3 as usual.

hpotter83 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 6:07pm
post #8 of 12

I'm sure she was kidding about divorcing him, lol.

I would be pretty pissed too! I have this problem though, were I buy way too much cake stuff so that if I mess up, I can just make more!

But that's not gonna help you now, obviously, but hey you can do it next time.

karateka Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 6:13pm
post #9 of 12

Nah, don't divorce him. No judge would convict ya.....just give him a good whuppin'. Stay off the face. icon_lol.gif

dragonflydreams Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 6:46pm
post #10 of 12

. . . just so you know, you are not alone . . . here is a previous thread that came to mind (and made me laugh) . . . be sure to read michellenj's post on page 3 about the leaf blower . . . and you will realize you are married to a saint . . . http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=583542&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=leaf&&start=0 . . . icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Dinny2222 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 7:14pm
post #11 of 12

divorce no....new piece of jewelry..YES!!

Pastelitoz4u Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 8:36pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflydreams

. . . just so you know, you are not alone . . . here is a previous thread that came to mind (and made me laugh) . . . be sure to read michellenj's post on page 3 about the leaf blower . . . and you will realize you are married to a saint . . . http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=583542&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=leaf&&start=0 . . . icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Oh boy........all those stories are funny......great laugh.....I can't believe how much we girls go through. icon_rolleyes.gif ...wait, sure I can believe it. I tell you these men can drive us insane. Gotta love them though! right icon_confused.gif

Thanks dragonflydreams for the link!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%