Good Grief!!!!!! I Finally Got A Break And It Feels Great!!!

Lounge By Curtsmin24 Updated 5 Nov 2008 , 5:06am by Curtsmin24

Curtsmin24 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 6:12am
post #1 of 8

This week has been HE!! I had a bad birthday because my family forgot ( I posted about it earlier this week) I have been swamped with homework and don't have a penny to my name. Then I find out that a really good friend of mine has cancer. Well......despite the horrid week I got a letter in the mail for a scholarship that I applied for months ago. A $5,000 scholarship and now I don't have to pay for my classes!!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif I was told that with the $2,000 I have leftover I can possibly go on the cake cruise or go to Orlando and take some classes at the notter school of pastry arts. I am so happy that I jumped for joy. I know there are other cc'rs out there that have gone through something like this before. So Please, pretty please share your stories and give some hope to others out there having a horrible week.

7 replies
veejaytx Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 10:03am
post #2 of 8

Don't you just love good news for a change! Congratulations.

shanzah67 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 3:24am
post #3 of 8

Congrats....savor and enjoy every minute! I know it's a relief to have your classes covered...and if you could go to take some courses at Notter's would be the icing on the cake!

Curtsmin24 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 7:08am
post #4 of 8

Thank you!! I am so excited, I can't wait!! icon_biggrin.gif

lisad1 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 11:11am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtsmin24

I know there are other cc'rs out there that have gone through something like this before. So Please, pretty please share your stories and give some hope to others out there having a horrible week.

Well, I'm very happy for you! It really is nice to catch a break once in a while.

You wanted people to share their stories..well I too have had a pretty tough year. My twin sister had a heart attack, thankfully she has had a remarkable recovery, but it was really hard there for several months. There was a lot of work trying to help her regain strength, helping her and her husband with the three kids. I would do it all again in a heartbeat though...Well, the tough times are over. About 3 months ago, as GREAT LUCK would have it..I won $15,000 on a scratch ticket. It's made things a lot easier for me financially. Got to pay off some bills and will be going on vacation over Thanksgiving! Can't wait!!! icon_razz.gif

Curtsmin24 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 2:57pm
post #6 of 8

WOW!! That is awesome lisad1, you were a blessing to your sister and you recieved an even greater blessing with having her recover and then an added bonus with the scratch ticket. Enjoy that very much deserved vacation!! Thank you for sharing your story.

Keep them coming cc!!!

hallow3 Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 2:26am
post #7 of 8

Well 2007 was not a good year for me either. Was told in March that my job would be ending at the first of the 2008, Sept I discovered I had a brain anuresym, had surgery in Oct, recovery 3 months and then 3 weeks later after my surgery, my husband was in the hospital for a week for panreas attack. I finally lost my job in March 2008, could not find another until July, a change for a job that finally came through. But through it all Jan 08 I took cake classes and it has brought me through alot of stress in my life and I still am blessed that I am here to tell about it and I am doing well, have a good job now, my husband is still with me through it all and we are finally making some friends here to make things a lot better for me. I was alway told when one doors shuts another will open and it will be better than the one that closed. I truly believe that. Glad you got your break. We all need them and they come when we truly need them.

Curtsmin24 Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 5:06am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Quote:

I was alway told when one doors shuts another will open and it will be better than the one that closed.

That is so true. I believe that everytime I have a tough situation.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%