Beater Blade Vent!!

Decorating By Rocketgirl899 Updated 4 Dec 2008 , 7:24pm by Rocketgirl899

Rocketgirl899 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:47am
post #1 of 7

So I finally decide to buy one of these things. So excited. I find out that there is a retail store in Gainesville, 100 miles away, and my parents just happen to be up there today. So I called and said I need a "beater blade for the 4.5 KA, do you have one?" She said I have one left and she held it till my parents got there.

I put off baking and making BC for a cake for TOMORROW because I wanted to try this thing sooooo badly.

My parents get home, im so excited, I open the packaging and try to load it in and it doesn't fit! What the heck. I look at the packaging... and its for the 5 quart.

I am so mad.. mostly at myself for not looking at the package.. and only a little for the lady who told me it was the right one. I should have told my parents to look at it, but they don't really have a clue...but I wasted ALL day and now I am out $30 for this thing. icon_sad.gif

And the worse part is it looks like it is soooooo fantastic.

6 replies
Rocketgirl899 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 5:09am
post #2 of 7

and to top it off.... my redvelvet cake is too soft...... and my BC is gritty...... all for a wedding tasting tomorrow!

cathyscakes Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 5:28am
post #3 of 7

Are you talking about the blade that scrapes the bowl, I have one, it works really nice. Can you sell it on ebay?

ceshell Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 6:00am
post #4 of 7

I'd call the store and talk to the lady that sold it to your parents. They should take the return, since they told you it would fit your machine. You might just be out a few bucks in shipping but at least that would be better than $30!

susies1955 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 6:33am
post #5 of 7

What model blade did you get?
ALL KA TILT HEAD MIXERS use model number is KA-TH. I went to beaterbladedotcom to make sure................(read the FAQ) There is a different beater blade for the Bowl Lift Mixers, KA-5L for 5qt and KA-6L for 6qt. They also make blades for Cuisinart, Delonghi, and Viking mixers.

Rocketgirl899 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 11:04am
post #6 of 7

I knew there were different blades.... so this is why i asked. I ended up with the KA 6L5p

I feel like the store shouldn't have to take it back because in the end it was my fault... but if I can't sell it by next week, my parents are going back up and my dad said he "would" get his money back.

I have heard such amazing things about.

Are we allowed to post on CC to sell it, like in a specific forum?? I'll just do ebay hopefully.. or maybe there is some other CC who messed up and wants to swap!? lol. I hope not.

Also I feel horrible.. i promised my parents this would help make my cooking adventures less messy... and the kitchen looks like a atomic bag of sugar was released.

Note to self read packaging... and don't pretend its christmas morning..

I awake to the fact that it is not a huge deal this beautiful FL morning where it is less than 50 degrees. My cupcakes look cute, and the cakes are fine. I am masking the gritty icing with sprinkles because I don't have the time or the desire to remake it for a free cake. I already know the couple like the icing... so I am off to have a fantastic morning at school icon_smile.gif Followed by a fantastic halloween.... did I mention my airbrush is suppose to come today... I WILL read the packaging... lol.

Thanks CC for lifting my spirits.. and for the tipsicon_smile.gif

Rocketgirl899 Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 7:24pm
post #7 of 7

Well, I feel like I should update this considering I got the RIGHT beater blade! I checked the box 3 times, had my sister read it, and asked the people at the counter--this store was 4 hours from my house! We were visiting for thanksgivingicon_smile.gif

I loooooove it! I even got it on sale and only paid 22 after tax!

Such a great product. I still have to scrap down the bowl when I make ucing, but its only the top 2 inches... the easy part! lol.

Made NFSC and it was super easy. Making cakes today! Really excited.

Quote by @%username% on %date%