Baby Bootie Idea For Baby Shower!!!

Decorating By Baking_Booth Updated 2 Nov 2008 , 6:23pm by Baking_Booth

Baking_Booth Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 12:18am
post #1 of 10

I searched and searched CC for baby bootie ideas and found some super cute pics of cakes some members have done but couldn't find any info on how the heck to put one together! I experimented, took pics and this is what I came up with. I wanted to share it with you all just in case someone was in the same predicament I was in when it came to a little bootie how-to. It's not perfect, it's my first time with cake sculpting, basketweave and bc roses. The entire cake is 8 inch rounds. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!

Finished cake:
[code:1:47f7716290]http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1282323.html[/code:1:47f7716290]
LL

9 replies
cutthecake Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 12:24am
post #2 of 10

That looks great to me. I, too, always wondered how to do that!

Baking_Booth Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 4:43am
post #3 of 10

Thanks for the feedback!

scrapperjade Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 4:50am
post #4 of 10

They turned out SO cute! I love them!!

Baking_Booth Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 10

Here's a better sideview of the frosted cake.
LL

Dinny2222 Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 1:18am
post #6 of 10

Love Them!! How many 8" cakes did you make? Can you show how you cut them? Sooo adorable

mommak Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 1:34am
post #7 of 10

Absolutely adorable!!!

Baking_Booth Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 2:41am
post #8 of 10

I hope this makes sense. Please ask questions!!!

Youâll need 5 rounds, any size to start, the shapes are basically the same for any size with minor modifications needed to acheive the desired shape.

1.For the bottom layer I use 1 whole round and 1 crescent. To make the crescent shape I hold the round cake pan on top of a whole round and cut along the edge so theyâll fit together perfect. Save the scraps, you will need them later!
2.To make the cake even I alternate the layers. So for the next layer youâll put 1 whole round over the crescent shape and a crescent shape over the whole round. You can kind of see what I mean from the unfrosted pic. I used a torted crescent to make the toe. I tried to use a whole crescent but it was too high. The torted one is just the right height.
3.The last layer is a whole round on top.
4.I carved some off of the front of the âtoeâ and at the top of the front for a more rounded look.
5.Make sure you take the time with these cakes to let them cool. I put them in the fridge for a couple of hours in between the baking, layering and sculpting so theyâre easier to frost and donât crumble.

newnancy Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 3:04am
post #9 of 10

That is just too cute. If that's your first time for all that, you are really going to be GREAT once you get some experience. Thanks for sharing, I would have no idea where to start on something like that.
Great Job!

Baking_Booth Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 6:23pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks! That's so sweet of you! Thanks for all the support! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%