I was wondering if I can make and freeze this dough ahead of time. If so, how long can I store it and what is the best way to go about it.
1.5 cups sugar
.5 c butter, unsalted
.5 c shortening
1 tsp vanilla
6 c flour
.5 tsp salt
1.5 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
1. Cream sugar, butter, shortening, vanilla and sugar. Add eggs.
2. Combine flour with salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add into creamed mixture alternating with buttermilk.
3. Refrigerate 3 hours. Roll out and cute into desired shape.
4. Sprinkle with sugar before baking or ice after they are baked and cooled.
5. Bake 325* for 6-8 minutes (Convection Bake: 8 minutes regular cookie sheets â 12 minutes baking stone)
Years ago my mother used to make this dough, roll it out on wax paper in small batches, layer each one between more wax paper, wrap all layers together in seran wrap and freeze them flat. She used to keep them on hand for when ever she wanted cookies. As long as it is wrapped good and tight it should stay good for a month or more.
Yah, not a problem fzing it.