Arrghhh!! I Forgot The Pudding!!

Decorating By adavis4 Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 11:15am by adavis4

adavis4 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 4

I was using the enhanced cake mix recipe and i got home to bake, yep, forgot the pudding. Is there anything else i can do with this cake mix to make sure it's going to be dense enough to stack?

help... icon_confused.gif

the recipe is

1/3c oil
1/3c water
2/3c buttermilk

Would it still work to make it without the pudding?

3 replies
kakeladi Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 1:42am
post #2 of 4

It's been hrs since you posted this......I'm really sorry no one helped you fefore thisicon_sad.gif
Even w/o pudding it will be dense enough to stack w/o a bit of problems.
If you haven't already can add yogurt OR sour cream - about 1/2 cup should do it.

bakeyclacker Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 5:58am
post #3 of 4

I've done them without pudding and with similar ingredients, and it's worked just fine. I usually don't worry about the density unless I'm working with a white cake mix. Most dowel-cake board systems will back you up very well.
You could check out the Cake Doctor books. She tells you how to amp up a cake mix with alternative ingredients, like ones you may be looking for. I wish that I knew a link to post here, but I'm not sure other than looking with google for 'the cake doctor recipes'. Good luck.

adavis4 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 11:15am
post #4 of 4

thank ya'll so much for replying, i just waited until DH got off work and he stop by the store for pudding. I just baked late last night.

Thanks for the tips, i'll have to look for the book...

Quote by @%username% on %date%