Arrghhh!! I Forgot The Pudding!!

Decorating By adavis4 Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 11:15am by adavis4

adavis4  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adavis4 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 4

I was using the enhanced cake mix recipe and i got home to bake, yep, forgot the pudding. Is there anything else i can do with this cake mix to make sure it's going to be dense enough to stack?

help... icon_confused.gif

the recipe is

mix
1/3c oil
1/3c water
2/3c buttermilk
4eggs
pudding

Would it still work to make it without the pudding?

TIA!

3 replies
 kakeladi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 1:42am
post #2 of 4

It's been hrs since you posted this......I'm really sorry no one helped you fefore thisicon_sad.gif
Even w/o pudding it will be dense enough to stack w/o a bit of problems.
If you haven't already baked......you can add yogurt OR sour cream - about 1/2 cup should do it.

bakeyclacker  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakeyclacker Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 5:58am
post #3 of 4

I've done them without pudding and with similar ingredients, and it's worked just fine. I usually don't worry about the density unless I'm working with a white cake mix. Most dowel-cake board systems will back you up very well.
You could check out the Cake Doctor books. She tells you how to amp up a cake mix with alternative ingredients, like ones you may be looking for. I wish that I knew a link to post here, but I'm not sure other than looking with google for 'the cake doctor recipes'. Good luck.

adavis4  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adavis4 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 11:15am
post #4 of 4

thank ya'll so much for replying, i just waited until DH got off work and he stop by the store for pudding. I just baked late last night.

Thanks for the tips, i'll have to look for the book...

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%