Backyardigan Cookies

Baking By loriemoms Updated 30 Oct 2008 , 8:01pm by loriemoms

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:27pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone know where I can get cookie cutters (or even instructions!) on backyardigan cookies? (I just need one of each character)

7 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 8

I couldn't find any cookie cutters for sale online when I just did a quick search....but if you only need one, wouldn't it just be easier to cut the shapes from the dough by hand with a sharp paring knife? You could even just do their faces if you wanted to make the project easier/faster.

I did a search and found a pic from www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com of a member's photo of Backyardigan face cakes they did. You could use this idea to make your cookies....
LL

loriemoms Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks, I think I will end up doing that, just cutting them with a sharp knife. I never heard of them till this customer brought them to me! I am doing a two tiered cake with the cookies on the cake (instead of gum paste figurines) I have no idea where to start!

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 8

Loriemoms, another trick is to do a large square or round cookie, cut out the shape of the character, trace it onto naked cookie with edible marker, and outline it in black (or whatever color), then fill in, you can see my 'say, aaahh' (rolling stones) or 'harley' cookie, that's what I did.

khufstetler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khufstetler Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 8

I don't think these are cookies - but maybe it will help you get the jist of it. It would be fun to do these in MMF and put on round or exacto knife cut out NFSC like mentioned above!

You can search "backyardigans" on flickr.com - there are a bunch of pics!

HTH!

eneq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eneq Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 5:34pm
post #6 of 8

i found this pic on flickr by tisacakes..... looks really cool. ummmm...i can't figure out how to attach a pic. maybe this link will work...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tisacakes/504826531/
LL

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 6:44pm
post #7 of 8

You might also try finding coloring pages that you could cut out and use as a template. I do this all the time when I have to do "character" cookies.

loriemoms Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 8:01pm
post #8 of 8

Thats a good idea with flickr!! I wil give that a try!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%