Help! I Need Some Silver Shoes For Cc Toppers

Decorating By imnamor95 Updated 30 Oct 2008 , 4:02pm by antonia74

imnamor95 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 11:49am
post #1 of 2

Well, they necessarily have to be silver but...I have a sex and the city bday party coming up, for 200 people and I have to make the cake and matching cupcakes with only the satc colors, pink, white and black. So, I've found some really cute shoes but, they are all different colors and don't match too well with those colors. Anybody have any idea where I can get them? TIA!

1 reply
antonia74 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 2

Just pipe them in grey royal icing, then dust them with silver lustre dust when they are totally dry.

I did boudoir cupcakes with stilettos on them this way. I printed out the size/shape of the shoe I wanted to use to top each cupcake & lay a piece of parchment paper over the picture. I traced it using royal icing and flooded them solidly. Left that overnight, then simply lifted each shoe off and placed it on top of the cupcake. icon_smile.gif

You could also use a mini shoe cookie cutter ($1 at www.cookiecutter.com if you have time to order) and you could make it in gumpaste, or do it in cookie with sparkling silver sugar for the top of each cupcake....might look more like glass slippers than SATC shoes though?

Here's a Google search of many shoe cupcake options... thumbs_up.gif

http://images.google.com/images?gbv=2&hl=en&q=shoe+cupcakes
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%