Making A Tiara...ri Or Chocolate?

Decorating By tonia3604 Updated 30 Oct 2008 , 11:13pm by Sweet_Guys

tonia3604 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonia3604 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 4:10am
post #1 of 9

Does chocolate hold up as well as the Royal icing when making a tiara? Do you just use melted white chocolate?

8 replies
tonia3604 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 11:39am
post #2 of 9

Anyone out there who has made a tiara???

Biya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biya Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 11:55am
post #3 of 9

I have made tiaras but only with RI. I wish I would have thought of chocolate, it would taste so much better. I think you should be able to do it using the chocolate. May be a little more fragile, but then again the RI is very fragile. Try using clear acetate sheet, pipe it on like chocolate transfer only not a mirror image. Since you won't be flipping it. Would love to know how it turns out. Good luck.

CrazyCakes13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrazyCakes13 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 12:05pm
post #4 of 9

Are you free-handing it or are you using a template?

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 12:26pm
post #5 of 9

I would definitely use RI, if you make the tiara strong enough you will be able to handle it without it breaking. (I have a cake in my photos with a RI tiara)

Chocolate would make me nervous, once you hold it for to long it's going to start to melt in your hand.

bafishr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bafishr Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 12:35pm
post #6 of 9

The tiara I made was with RI. I couldn't believe how easy it was. I agree with Ladivacrj, if you hold the chocolate too long it could start melting or at least soften which would compromise the structure. Plus the recepient could keep it for a while.

chasebrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chasebrad Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 12:40pm
post #7 of 9

I have only made one tiara and it was made out of white chocolate. I also used edible pearls as embellishment. I went with chocolate because I wanted it to be a tasty edible decoration. I think both work, just have to make your own preference!
Best of luck!

tonia3604 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:37pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks guys for the replies! I'll post a picture when I'm done, probably not til next week!

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 11:13pm
post #9 of 9

We made a white chocolate tiara using chocolate coating for an event that was cancelled. We did it free-hand and had created little loops to put dragees in. It worked well! We just wish we could have completed it.

Paul & Peter

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%