Can I Use My Scarecrow That I Made On Wax Paper?

Decorating By Getus Updated 30 Oct 2008 , 2:26pm by Getus

Getus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Getus Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:29am
post #1 of 6

I made a scarecrow on waxed paper (using BC icing), because I didn't know if I could make a decent one directly on the cake. Well....I am very pleased with the one I made on the wax paper. I took the time to make him dimensional. My question is: is there any way I can use this one and not have to make another one directly on the cake? TIA!
Carla

5 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:56am
post #2 of 6

Sure I would say trim away the wax paper then lay it on the cake

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:06am
post #3 of 6

Can you freeze it to make it easy to handle? (And I mean really freeze it.) Then pull off the waxed paper and lay it on the cake.

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:07am
post #4 of 6

Slide it onto a flat cookie sheet and freeze it. Once it's frozen lay more wax paper on top, another small pan or anything flat on top of that--even a thick hot pad as long as the icing isn't real thin--and flip it over. Peel off the original wax paper, place your hand on the back of the icing, flip it face up onto your hand and place it on the cake.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:07am
post #5 of 6

Stick it in the freezer, let it get nice and solid, have your cake ready, pull it out of the freezer and the paper should peel right off. Slap it right on the cake and you're in business! Good luck!

Getus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Getus Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:26pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks! I will pop him into the freezer and give it a try then. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%