Inappropriate Cakes In "latest Uploads" In Galleri

Decorating By cutthecake Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 7:23am by dragonflydreams

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:55am
post #1 of 11

Has anyone else noticed these? They're described as "Naughty Cakes" and they're with the "regular" cakes.

10 replies
cutthecake Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:07am
post #2 of 11

And there are quite a few of them! I couldn't tell what a cake was in the thumbnail, so I enlarged it. Boy, was I surprised.
I just saw another thread on this subject, and it seems as if this started a few weeks ago. I had not noticed it before tonight. The cakes should be censored because they are out there for the general public to see.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:29am
post #3 of 11

Yeah, I can see them too. They really need to resolve this problem pronto! Here's the similar thread:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-608537-.html

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:47am
post #4 of 11

Do you by any chance have access to the Naughty Gallery enabled (maybe you went into it once, a long time ago)? If so, that is why you see these cakes in the latest uploads. I don't have it enabled, and I don't see them there.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 11

I posted about this recently too and Heath said you just have to disable that feature to see the Naughty Cakes, otherwise they will come up in the last upload section.

KimAZ

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 11

I think the point is we did NOT have the naughty cakes enabled! I know I DID not have it enabled and was told I have to disable it so I didn't see them! hummmmm sounds like a glitch in the system to me!

cutthecake Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 12:41am
post #7 of 11

Ok...I don't think I enabled it, but how do I disable it?

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 1:24am
post #8 of 11

1. Click on "galleries" tab.
2. Scroll down to Naughty Cakes gallery category.
3. Click on the words "click here to request access". (I know, it's counterintuitive)
4. If your access is activated, you will see a button labeled "NO - PLEASE BLOCK THESE AREAS", click it.

The access link is also located in the red ATTENTION statement located above the box you use to reply to posts (the one I am typing in right now).

If you do not have the naughty cakes gallery access activated, but happen to see naughty cakes in the recent uploads, it is possible that someone has uploaded a cake in a gallery other than Naughty Cakes. CC relies on users to self-police their images. If they don't upload them to the Naughty gallery, the gallery application has no way of knowing that the image is inappropriate.

If you come across one of these, click on it to get to the main image page where you can comment, add to favorites, etc. (make sure no little ones are around). Click on the "report photo" button located to the right of the "add to favorites" button.

Hope this helps.

cutthecake Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 1:45am
post #9 of 11

Thanks. I'll try that.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 4:51am
post #10 of 11

This happened to me months ago. Naughty cakes were coming up when I was searching the gallery foro something. I can't remember what it was that I was searching for, but it was not naughty. LOL!

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 7:23am
post #11 of 11

. . . a quick link to solve the "problem" . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath

you can change your access setting to naughty cakes here:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account&file=group_request

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%