Flower Topper

Decorating By countrygirlz Updated 30 Oct 2008 , 1:04pm by jlsheik

countrygirlz Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:35am
post #1 of 7

what should I use when doing a flower cake topper? just stick the flowers right into my cake? sorry if this might be a silly question but I'm not sure what to do icon_redface.gif

6 replies
indydebi Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:42am
post #2 of 7

I lay them on top of the cake. I never penetrate the cake with the flowers. On some, I will cut the stem off as close to the head as possible, then put a blop of BC on the backside and use it as a glue to hold it in place.

jlsheik Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:55am
post #3 of 7

If it helps...I bundle the flowers for a topper and use a hidden wilton 4 inch pillar and push it in and then put the flowers in the pillar like a vase.
So they look like they are in the cake. I think there is one in my photos in the pink cake...if ou want to peek.
If you are working with a florist they have flower picks that are filled with water and they can poke those into the cake. There is one of those in my photos too...with roses cascading down it.
But me personally I didnt like them poking flowers in my creation!!
Laura

indydebi Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:00am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsheik

If it helps...I bundle the flowers for a topper and use a hidden wilton 4 inch pillar and push it in and then put the flowers in the pillar like a vase.

Oh that is a cool idea!

LovelyCreations Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:40am
post #5 of 7

I do the same as Indydebi. Wilton also sells something called flower spikes that you place in the cake then place the stem of the flower in it so the stems never touch the cake.

countrygirlz Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:32am
post #6 of 7

thanks a bunch!! it all seems like common sense but I needed the help!! thanks again!!!

jlsheik Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:04pm
post #7 of 7

No problem.... if you can't find the 4 inch it is called a wrapped pillar I just peeled the wrap off (its velcro) and it is flush with the cake or you can cut down a tradional hidden pillar so that it is the right height.
Glad I could actually help!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%