What Kind Of Fondant Do You Use?

Decorating By kathy777 Updated 30 Oct 2008 , 2:47am by debster

kathy777 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 6

i Was just wondering what kind of fondant everyone uses?? Because i make my own and its horrible to work with.. The recipe i use is with gelitine , guclose, glyserin.. Stuff like that.. But it still comes out horrible.. Im starting to HATE fondant.. And you would think that i would like it its certainly easier.. I don't like wiltons its not good tasting and if i am going to make a cake for someone i atleast want them to like it lol.. Can't wait to see everyones response... thanks

5 replies
trishalynn0708 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 12:05am
post #2 of 6

I personally don't use fondant.. But I hear a lot of people rave about the MMF fondant and you can find the recipe on here..

Sorry I can't be anymore help. .. icon_smile.gif

kimberlina25 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:22am
post #3 of 6

i love mmf, the recipe is here on cc, it only calls for marshmallows, water and powder sugar. super easy to make and super easy to work with.
a word of caution, if you do make this recipe, only add half ps at first, knead in more as you go til you get a good consistency.

if i buy it (which is very,very rare since i love mmf) i get satin ice.

HTH!

maisyone2 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:38am
post #4 of 6

I don't have time to fool around with making fondant. I buy Pettinice or Satin Ice. Both taste really good and are easy to work with.

Suebee Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:41am
post #5 of 6

Satin Ice, it tastes just like vanilla/chocolate tootsie roll. Yummmm

debster Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:47am
post #6 of 6

I love the consistancy of Wilton , wouldn't eat it though. I've made MMF and Toba's which is made with the geletin and glycerin, but I can never get the right consistancy either. So if I HAVE to do a cake with it I buy Satin Ice. I've also tried the chocolate by them and I agree it tastes like a tootsie roll. I'm waiting to see what everyone says on getting a good consistancy. Either it's too wet or too dry, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%