My Little Pony Cake Baked In A Wilton Rocking Horse Pan

Decorating By sherrycakes Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 5:56pm by gales

sherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycakes Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 7

Hi, I'm Sherry. This is my first post! I have a Wilton Rocking Horse Pan and I want to adapt it to make a My Little Pony cake. Has anyone done this one before? Do you have a picture of it? I need to be looking at something to reproduce it. I would appreciate so much if anyone could help me. It's for my only granddaughter's 1st birthday. My email is [email protected]. I love this website!!! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 8:08pm
post #2 of 7

Welcom Sherry! I'm not any help, but I'd sure love to know if someone has done it. I have the rocking horse pan and will never use it. Would love to have an alternative!

tiersfromheaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiersfromheaven Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 11:55am
post #3 of 7

Sorry Can't help with the rocking horse pan. But this is one of my fav's using the ducky pan. For a first birthday, a 3-d horse would make such an impact! Just get a My little Pony figurine to match the design

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1273055

sherrycakes Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks culjules ,
This is a wonderful idea. I have the Ducky pan too. Between all our minds and all our skills there is no limit what we can do with cake and icing.

sherrycakes Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:46pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks tearsfromheaven,

I said thanks before to culjules but it should go to you for showing me where to look. (I'm just learning about posting) and thanks to culjules for making the cake!

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 5:46pm
post #6 of 7

i would use pastel colours for the horse, use fondant accents for the pony's "identity mark" and probably fill in the bottom (where the rocking base is) with grass and fondant daisies.

oh, and for the pony's mane and tail, how about overpiping using a star tip?

gales Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gales Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 5:56pm
post #7 of 7

You can get instructions via this site click on Pan instructions in the left column, type in rocking horse pan and follow the leads to the Wilton instructions

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%