Help! Need The Best Moist Butter Cake Recipe

Decorating By mandy711 Updated 2 Nov 2008 , 4:04pm by Mike1394

mandy711 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandy711 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 15

I need the best moist butter cake recipe! please help!!

14 replies
jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 15

mandy, are you baking from scratch or doctoring a box cake? i always find butter recipes to be dry, but maybe you could try using a butter flavor extract? good luck

jomarh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jomarh Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:18pm
post #3 of 15

Take a look to this link.

But I also moist the cake with sirup and then cover it with plastic wrap. Everybody love the moist of my cakes. You ca do it with any recipes

kbw5780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbw5780 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:34pm
post #4 of 15

Mandy, I find that box cakes tend to be more moist than a scratch cake. Maybe you could cut the amount of butter in half and add some oil and add butter flavoring. Also, I let mine cool down in the pan and that also helps keep them moist (little idea that I learned on here; can't remember from whom....thnks!). When I cook from a box, I cook it in less time than the box calls for, as well.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:49pm
post #5 of 15

That video was awesome! I had no idea that you could do that! Thanks for sharing!

jomarh Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:56pm
post #6 of 15

You are welcome Cylstrial. That's the idea with this kind of site... to share. We are all learning.

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:21pm
post #7 of 15

I make a scratch butter cake and add about 6oz of sour cream to it to add some moisture. Of course I also wrap and freeze the cakes right out of the oven as well..

Iva1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iva1976 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:28pm
post #8 of 15

This cake was posted here in the forums. I make it all the time it's very moist and great for stacking......One of my favorites!

Butter Cake

2 Duncan Hines butter recipe cake mixes
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 sticks butter
2 2/3 cups water
6 eggs
1 box french vanilla pudding mix (small)
2 tsp baking powder

Cream butter and sugar together add eggs one at a time, mix until blended. Add cake mixes, pudding, flour, and baking powder. Blend on low while drizzling in water in a thin stream. Mix until smooth (it doesn't take long), and bake according to directions for your pan size (I bake at 325). It makes 15 1/2 cups of batter.

This has a wonderful flavor and it is very moist with a fine crumb. It stacks beautifully, and freezes great.

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 5:58pm
post #9 of 15

The Cake Mix Doctor's recipe for a butter cake is my all time favorite, and what I use for 99% of all my cakes. Everybody loves it and it stays very moist. Always bake it at 325.

1 white cake mix ( I use Pillsbury)
1 stick melted butter
1 cup milk
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla

trumpetmidget Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trumpetmidget Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 11:29pm
post #10 of 15

If you are talking about scratch cake - David's Yellow Cake in the recipes on CC is very moist. Almost too moist, if that is possible. The only thing I don't like about it is it calls for 9 egg yolks. That's a lot of eggs!
For cake mix cake, I make the Cake Doctors Better than ? Cake. It is really good and moist. 1 box yellow cake, 1 stick melted butter, 3 eggs, 1 cup of milk (I think it is a cup. Might be a cup and a half). Mix with electric mixer until it thickens. It thickens to the thickness of pudding almost. But, is very good. HTH

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 1:37am
post #11 of 15

This is not a butter cake but a lot of people think it is when they try it:

Very good, very moist, rave reviews thumbs_up.gif

jomarh Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 1:12pm
post #12 of 15

Iva1976, I did your recipe yesterday and it was a disastre. I put it in the oven at 325 and it fall in the middle and was underdone, after one hour. May you help me ? Thanks so much.

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 3:11pm
post #13 of 15

I just made the "Durable Cake for 3D and Wedding Cakes" from here on CC . It calls for DH yellow or white cake mix, so I of course had to try with their butter cake mix. It was FANTASTIC!!! So incredibly moist. I did have one cake kind of sink in the middle, but I think it could have cooked a few more minutes and would have been fine. The bottom cake was fine. It had basically no crumb, sliced beautifully, and people can't stop raving about it. You might want to give that recipe a try.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 1:08pm
post #14 of 15

I'm going to try out some of these recipes! They sound delicious!!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 4:04pm
post #15 of 15

Sorry wish I could help I only make dry, and certainly not the best butter cake.

Mike

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%