Coach Bag Logo?

Decorating By panchanewjersey Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 3:41pm by AlamoSweets

panchanewjersey Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 2

I have a coach diaper bag to make for this weekend and have never made one before so I would like to know for those of you who have, what is better to cut out coach logo or to paint on like I've seen here. What's easier? Please any and all suggestions are deeply appreciated. Also any tips or advice on making the bag itself carved or any other way? Thanks guys I know I can count on you all.

1 reply
AlamoSweets Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 2

Just finished a coach purse yesterday and it was a bear! I cut the logo from stencil sheet (plastic) and drew around the letters onto the fondant covered purse with a toothpick. I then painted each one 3 times with gold luster dust and vodka. I will be hesitant to take another purse order. Freeze your cake for a little while to make it easier to carve. If you can print the diaper bag out as large as you can and use it for a guide while carving your cake that will help with the shape. The details (trim) can be cut out of the printed image and used as a guide when cutting those from the fondant. I cut mine out of paper first to get the right dimensions and then altered it until it was what I needed. I was able to cut the fondant then easily. I used an old sewing wheel used to trace patterns onto fabric for the stitching marks. I am sure there are other tools made just for that but what I had worked well. Good luck and be sure and post the picture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%