Instructions For Making A Book Cake

Decorating By DFND Updated 30 Oct 2008 , 3:38am by tblide

DFND Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 5

This topic may have already been discussed in the forum, but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know of a tutorial or have detailed instructions for a book cake.

Thanks for your help.

Debbie

4 replies
KKC Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 5

Are you trying to do an open book or closed book?? I did a closed book bible in my pics and i used a 9x13 pan cut in half and stacked. Now for an open book i have the Wilton book pan but you can stack a few sheet cakes and carve in the shape of a book. HTH!

trishalynn0708 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 11:52pm
post #3 of 5

I seen some book pans either on ebay or the wilton website. I know that the pans were Wilton.. But I can't really remember where I seen them at.. The ones I saw were open books.. HTH!

KKC Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:45am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishalynn0708

I seen some book pans either on ebay or the wilton website. I know that the pans were Wilton.. But I can't really remember where I seen them at.. The ones I saw were open books.. HTH!

Yeah they have the pans on the Wilton site and ebay which is where i purchased mine...the one i use is the Wilton Book Pan that requires 2 mixes. I have also checked some cake supply stores and i've seen the open book pan that is really deep and is sorta flaired to look like pages.

tblide Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:38am
post #5 of 5

www.wilton.com has the instructions for the majority of their pans. That would be a good place to start.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%