Pumpkins And Acorns Out Of Fondant

Decorating By BaBa Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 4:00pm by jjkarm

BaBa Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 5

I need to make 2 pumpkins and 25 acorns out of fondant. Any pictures or instructions would be wonderful.

4 replies
iluvjay829 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 5

I made this cake last week. The pumpkins were super easy. I did use gumpaste, but I think fondant would work just the same. I rolled them into a ball and then kind of flattened them out a little bit. I used the palette knife from my gumpaste kit to make the lines. But, I think you could use anything. I just made a little stem out of brown gumpaste, then piped the leaves and vines out of buttercream. Sorry I'm no help with the acorns, but I hope that helps some.

ThreeDGirlie Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 5

Try http://www.mysweetandsaucy.com/. I love this site!

Scroll down past her vacation pictures, and she has tutorials on several Halloween cupcakes, including how to make fondant pumpkins.

jescapades Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 3:28pm
post #4 of 5

i made some acorns out of fondant and hershey kisses. i made some punkins too, i just used a toothpick to make the 'ridges'

good luck!

jjkarm Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 5

I think the easiest way to make a nice looking pumpkin is to use dental floss. The floss that's a little wider looks best. Just wrap it around a your pumpkin ball and meet the ends at the top, then pull it slightly to make the ridges. Works like a charm. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%