To All Newbies

Decorating By Pastelitoz4u Updated 30 Oct 2008 , 7:16am by grannys3angels

Pastelitoz4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastelitoz4u Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 6:45am
post #1 of 15

Hey everybody, my name is Laura and a very new member of CakeCentral, I also just wanted to say hello to all the newbies like me that are just starting their cake decorating passion. icon_smile.gif
Everybody has such talent in CC that sometimes, I wonder if I will ever become as good as all the other great members. icon_cry.gif
Anyway, just wanted to say THANKS to all those inspiring us and helping us to become better each day or shall I say each cake.
And to All the newbies like me......lets get decorating Yahooooo!!!
thumbs_up.gif

14 replies
auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 8:24am
post #2 of 15

I am not a newbie, but can't sleep and wanted to say welcome! I have been decorating for many years and love it (obcessed with it). Welcome and enjoy! There is sooooo much information on here and everyone is so willing to share. Let me know if I can ever be of any help! Happy Decorating!!!!!

Kala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kala Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 8:33am
post #3 of 15

Hi Laura,

I'm a newbie also but have been a member for awhile so welcome. I'm from El Paso too except I live in Italy but my whole family lives in EP. Good luck with cake decorating I know you'll have a blast!

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 9:59am
post #4 of 15

Hi Laura

im not such a newbie - lol have been here just less than a year, and decorating for 18 months now!
Just wanted to say Hi and welcome. I know youre gonna love cc, it is awesome and soooo inspirational!!

happy caking and enjoy it!
Janine

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 10:13am
post #5 of 15

Hi Laura,

Welcome to the world of addicts.........
I am also not a newbie, been decorating for about 2yrs now and all that I have learnt, I have learnt from reading the forums and taking advice from others that have problems.
There is a world of information here on CC, you just have to keep logging in the check what is going on.

Hope you enjoy your new world of decorating!!
Charmaine

fidos_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fidos_mom Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 11:50am
post #6 of 15

Hi my name is Lisa. I am a newbie and a.... a .... Cake Central addict. It has been 3 months since I logged on and I have to have a fix every few hours. My favorites online log is the one suffering the most. Although my printer is coming up quickly in the second place. It feels so used and I can't blame it! icon_lol.gif

AND I am from Texas!!

Think I can blame it on that? icon_eek.gif

Nahhhhh...... it is just too yummy!!! icon_biggrin.gif

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:07pm
post #7 of 15

Welcome!! I still consider myself a newbie even though I've been baking for 35 years and caking for 12. There are always such great ideas here and techniques to learn that I will always call myself newbie. It's a hobby and a passion for me. Caking is MY playtime. Enjoy it, it's fun!!

cakelady31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady31 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:10pm
post #8 of 15

Good Morning everyone!
I am somewhat of a newbie to CC myself but have been decorating cakes for over a decade.
That being said I have started to learn soo much more here from all the talent and for that I also say a great big THANKS!
This site is definately addicting and I love it.
Good Luck in all you do and Happy Cake'n to you all!

Carol

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:19pm
post #9 of 15

Hi Laura, my name is Susie, I'm a newbie too, just finished up my Wilton courses about a month ago. Wish I could take more classes! I want to learn so much more! I've learned a lot from Cake Central, it's the best on the WWW and I've become slightly addictive! LOL

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:31pm
post #10 of 15

Hi Laura-

I am really new to cake decorating, too. I am from Florida, but am stationed in the Netherlands. I would LOVE to take some classes to learn better techniques, but that's not going to happen while I am overseas. I am teaching myself with the Wilton DVD's and this site. I am so thankful for cc. I am so inspired by everyone here. I have learned so much in the past couple of months! I now need to find more reasons to make cakes so I can get more practice!

Thanks for posting this. I have never responded to a forum because I don't feel like I know enough to answer any questions!!!

Good luck to you-
Heidi

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:45pm
post #11 of 15

hi laura and welcome!! as i am sure that you are already finding out, this place is a wealth of information and the people on here for the most part are super nice!!! and always willing to help out. i am still a newbie as well, probably always will be, cuz i do this for fun, its not an everyday thing for me. Happy baking!! oh i am in odessa, tx. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Pastelitoz4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastelitoz4u Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 6:00am
post #12 of 15

Thanks so much to all of you who responded, both newbies and not so newbies.....It sure made me feel much more welcomed.

Oh I hear you Heidi (hsterling), with everybody knowing so much, and wanting to be able to post something, anything, but not knowing what since I am not expertise in many things regarding cake decorating. Finally got the courage to post this......I figured someone has to feel like me.LOL.

Good luck with the DVD videos.

Kala, wow, I can't believe you are from EP too. We have 2 things in common so far...haha Cool! hope to hear from you more.

Susie53 how many classes have you taken? I have only taken the 1st one, and hoping to take 2,3 and 4....but I got to save some money first.LOL

Angelatx I know what you mean about a wealth of information, I mean If it weren't for CC, a lot of us would not even know a fourth of all the great information and help on baking and decorating.....great fortune for all new people here and twice as much for all those helping and sharing.

Carol (cakelady31), imakecakes, fidos_mom, aunticake, thanks so much for your response and for welcomeing me into CC, I love all the information, and inspiration and yes I agree it sure is ADDICTING!

Charmaine49 your cakes are beautiful, hope to learn a few pointers from you.

AGAIN Thanks so much, happy viewing, learning and chatting at CakeCentral......

colabear71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colabear71 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 6:41am
post #13 of 15

Hi Laura and welcome to CC. I am a newbie too. Just finished my Wilton courses about a month ago. I love this website. I have learned soooo much information and I have to admit that I have become addicted to it...lol.

Angelatx..I'm just up the road from you. I'm in Andrews.

Kim

Cocoby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cocoby Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 6:43am
post #14 of 15

Welcome Pastelito 4u! And thanks to all of you for inspiring all of us!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 7:16am
post #15 of 15

Hello & Welcome All Newbies!

I am not a newbie, I am up working on a cake and just wanted to say hello and welcome to CC. You can learn a lot here and everyone has been very giving of tips, ideas, recipes and so much more!

I had not done a cake in over 25 years, till I came to this site...I had never touch fondant till I join (going on 2 years ago) CC. This site and all the wonderful decorators gave me the ("go for it") and try working with things I hadn't done before. I am still learning things everytime I come to the site. You will love it here with all the things you can learn.

Good Luck & God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%