Chocolate Cover Cake Balls

Decorating By mariarosa Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 8:33pm by mariarosa

mariarosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariarosa Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 5:56am
post #1 of 6

How do you cover the cake balls with chocolate melted candy making it smooth and thin with shape and no sticky, thick and amorpho????
It looks so easy in the cake balls recipe but when we arrive to the chocolate everything is crazy and messy.
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP icon_redface.gificon_cry.gificon_smile.gif

5 replies
aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 6:00am
post #2 of 6

Once I shape the cake balls, I pop them into the freezer or fridge to harden and solidify. Then I take a skewer or dipping fork (make your own with a plastic fork with the middle two tines broken out). I dip, let excess drip then place on wax paper.

Again I will pop this tray into the refrigerator. once it comes out , I will drizzle or decorate. I have some christmas cake balls in my pics. I had no problems. I also did some halloween cake ball ghosts (more of a cake blob than a cake ball)

Good Dipping......

mariarosa Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:07pm
post #3 of 6

thank you so much but what happens is that my chocolate is too thick that is very dificult to cover them even when I placed them already in the freezer and gets messy and I don't know how to make it more liquid

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:48pm
post #4 of 6

If your chocolate is too thick, you can add some paramount crystals to thin it out.

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/SearchResults.aspx

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:53pm
post #5 of 6

Or a wee bit of veg shortening.

PS Your chocolate is probably too hot.

mariarosa Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 8:33pm
post #6 of 6

Hi again
I made the pumpkin chocolate cake balls again, I got the idea from the original in this site.And finally doesn't look so bad, with the tiny winny crisco, everything worked so differently and so good, I am very happy and my children more, so this week we have 4 little monkeys jumping on the sofa because of the chocolate injecction.... icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%