Can Cookies Iced W/ Tg's Glace Be Stored W/o Refrigeration?

Baking By rhonda1230 Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 11:56pm by rhonda1230

rhonda1230 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 2:10am
post #1 of 5

In the past I have iced cookies with royal icing....but I've read such wonderful things about Toba Garrett's glace that I want to try it. After reading the recipe posted here on CC, I noticed that the recipe calls for milk. Do the cookies have to be stored in the refrigerator once they are iced? Will the glace spoil if it's not refigerated? Does anyone have any advice on this topic? If the cookies don't have to be refrigerated after they are iced with TG glace - how long are they good for?

I've read that people freeze the cookies even with the glace - but my freezer is at max capacity at this time with no room.

I'm making the cookies for my children's halloween parties at school.

4 replies
JoAnnB Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 6:11am
post #2 of 5

they can safely be stored at room temp.

Honeydukes Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 6:34am
post #3 of 5

The cookies should be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. The glace should be stored in the fridge. Cookies iced with TGG freeze very nicely.

GeminiRJ Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 11:53am
post #4 of 5

I was told that the high sugar content will keep them from spoiling. I do not refrigerate or freeze cookies with Toba's unless I've added brite white food coloring to the icing when I mix it up. I think even Toba does not recommend refrigerating the decorated cookies. They'll keep very nicely. Even left on the counter, they're fine for about a week. Longer if bagged or in containers.

rhonda1230 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 11:56pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks to everyone for answering. That's just the information I needed. I can't wait to try it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%