Need Help Texturing Fondant

Decorating By gabby2 Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 1:25am by Win

gabby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabby2 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 11:00pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing a cake and need a brickwall texture on part of it. I have seen them use a texture plate, but have been unable to locate them online. Does anyone know where I might beable to find them? Thanks for your help.

4 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:52am
post #2 of 5

I have the Country Kitchen set of texture sheets/impression mats (the really large ones) and one is a brick pattern. I love them. They're easy to work with, lightweight, and relatively cheap. I see now that they have small ones, too.

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/whatshot/texture_sheets_fondant.aspx

HTH
Rae

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:12am
post #3 of 5

If you have a Michael's nearby, you might try there. In the clay and sculpting section they have small mats with various textures. There are four different combinations, four to a package. One of the packages has a brick one. They are plastic. I wish I could remember who makes them, but they are in the same section as sculpey and fimo clays.

Enjoy your day! icon_biggrin.gif

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:24am
post #4 of 5

Rae, I LOVE Country Kitchen and bought the whole set of mats they offered last month. Awesome set!

Gabby2: Hobby Lobby. Dollhouse section. Brick mat used for dollhouses can be found there. It's all white on one side and brick colored on the other. I have used that many times until I got the set Rae mentioned above. I have also found that you need to roll out the fondant and let it set a bit after you apply the impression. That way it won't stretch out the bricks when you go to apply it to the cake.

HTH!

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:25am
post #5 of 5

Gabby2: forgot to mention is is quite a large mat... maybe 11x18...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%