Need Help Texturing Fondant

Decorating By gabby2 Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 1:25am by Win

gabby2 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 11:00pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing a cake and need a brickwall texture on part of it. I have seen them use a texture plate, but have been unable to locate them online. Does anyone know where I might beable to find them? Thanks for your help.

4 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:52am
post #2 of 5

I have the Country Kitchen set of texture sheets/impression mats (the really large ones) and one is a brick pattern. I love them. They're easy to work with, lightweight, and relatively cheap. I see now that they have small ones, too.


Eisskween Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:12am
post #3 of 5

If you have a Michael's nearby, you might try there. In the clay and sculpting section they have small mats with various textures. There are four different combinations, four to a package. One of the packages has a brick one. They are plastic. I wish I could remember who makes them, but they are in the same section as sculpey and fimo clays.

Enjoy your day! icon_biggrin.gif

Win Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:24am
post #4 of 5

Rae, I LOVE Country Kitchen and bought the whole set of mats they offered last month. Awesome set!

Gabby2: Hobby Lobby. Dollhouse section. Brick mat used for dollhouses can be found there. It's all white on one side and brick colored on the other. I have used that many times until I got the set Rae mentioned above. I have also found that you need to roll out the fondant and let it set a bit after you apply the impression. That way it won't stretch out the bricks when you go to apply it to the cake.


Win Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:25am
post #5 of 5

Gabby2: forgot to mention is is quite a large mat... maybe 11x18...

Quote by @%username% on %date%