What Can You Put In A Cupcake?

Baking By sweetcakes1107 Updated 30 Oct 2008 , 9:29pm by cakebaker1978

sweetcakes1107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes1107 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 7

I've been reading all these cupcake threads and can't stop thinking about cupcakes! I missed Desperate Housewives on Sunday because I couldn't pull myself away from CC!
I for sure want to make some yummy cupcake this weekend. I've never made any cupcakes except with boxed mix and icing, and I have never filled them.
I usually use buttercream for my cakes and probably will not be able to buy Bettercreme for this.
Any suggestions?

6 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 7

One of my son's friends loves these particular filled cupcakes so much I named them after him, LOL. I take Duncan Hines DARK chocolate fudge cupcakes, fill them with Nutella, and ice them in chocolate icing. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And an added bonus is that it doesn't take the whole jar of Nutella to fill the cupcakes (even though I give each cupcake three squirts of filling no matter what I'm using for filling). That means the rest of the jar is mine all mine!! Mwahahahahahaaaaa!!

Deanna

sweetcakes1107 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:37pm
post #3 of 7

Mwhahahahaaa- that cracks me up icon_lol.gif
nutella would be yummy!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 7

this post should be titled what can't you put in a cc!

Candy bars - Halloween is tomorrow night - take all the little snickers bite sized candies and plop them into the middle of a cc then bake. you can cut up chunks to add to frosting too. I love them with cut up reeses peanut butter cups.

My sons fav is pb&j cc's - make peanut butter bc, fill cc with fav jam/preserve and top with pb bc.

my DH fav is lemon with raspberry preserves (I like blueberry) or lime cc with lime curd and lime bc.

hallfamily727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallfamily727 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:04pm
post #5 of 7

Seriously, like cupcakemkr implied....you can put almost ANYTHING in a cupcake. I have made a devil's food cupcake, filled with peanuts mixed into caramel sauce, topped with buttercream that I mixed with Hershey's dulce-de-leche syrup...an inside out Snickers cupcake! Can also use puddings or pudding mixed with buttercream....those Torani flavored syrups mixed with buttercream (my kids like the strawberry)...seriously...anything goes!

sweetcakes1107 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 9:06pm
post #6 of 7

OOoooo all of that sounds great!! I love the Idea about the mini candy bars.
I have never mixed anything in my buttercream except cocoa. But I was reading a thread mixing all kinds of things into BEttercream. So really you just mix anything in to it? The only filling I've made for my cakes so far is cooikes and cream. Otherwise I just used store bought lemon or plain butterbream. I think it's time to expand my repitior!

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 9:29pm
post #7 of 7

I agree with the nutella. YUMMMMMM!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%