I Am So Sorry

Lounge By myheartsdesire Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 11:40am by mandifrye

myheartsdesire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myheartsdesire Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 14

First of all I didnt run away. I dont have my own computer so this is the first time Ive even seen any responses to that particular.
I dont like to make excuses but for the sake of everything I will try not to sound whiny.
Im sorry Leahs specifically, I want so bad to be a pastry chef that I guess I was jealous. Please forgive me.
My husbands job is very shaky right now, there are no other jobs around. Hes trying to go to school but that is expensive . I cant work because daycare and gas is so expensive I wouldnt actually bring any money home. The only thing i am good at I cant make money at legally.(Kind of makes me feel like a drug dealer icon_lol.gif ) We have no extra expenses and still do not have enough to cover bills and food every month. Im stressed out. This is the one place I have showed how upset I am.
I realize now I have no right to be rude simply because Im having a bad day.
Please allow me to start over.with not too many hard feelings??? icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

13 replies
jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 14

I'm sorry to hear that things have been so rough for you lately. I hope it starts getting better soon!

I think we've all had days when we turn into dragons and start breathing fire on everyone around us. icon_mad.gif .....only to find out later that all you did was burn your own tush! icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

I do have to say though....I'm impressed that you would come back and apologize for the things you said. thumbs_up.gif I think most people in your situation would have just disappeared. Instead of doing that, you chose to speak up and try to make amends with those who were hurt by what you said and had harsh feelings. It says a lot about your character and the kind of person you are. Bravo and thank you!icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I think everyone deserves a second chance, and I welcome you back to CC with no hard feelings. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 14

Teresa-

I think that most of us are guilty of hitting the post button and regretting it at some point.

It would have been easy for you just to write CC off and go someplace else, and I admire your having the guts to apologize to everyone.

I hope things get better for you.

Michelle

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 11:51pm
post #4 of 14

I am so sorry that you are having a rough time. We have all been there, I hope it gets better soon.

Having said that, as a mother of four, I sometimes take my stress out on anyone I come into contact with. Luckily, I have great friends who stop me in my tracks. So, think of CC as a group of friends passing on a friendly reminder!

I do not hold grudges, and when someone apoligizes with sincerity, I think that others should listen. I applaud you for having the courage to stand up, and not disappear. It shows strength in character.

If you decide to stick around, I know that you will grow to love this place. You will feel that you have friends from all over the globe. It takes a while to get to know others from just reading posts, so we have to be cautious sometimes.

As for me, the past is the past. So, welcome to CC Teresa. It is a great place, so stay a while!

Happy Baking,
Mandi

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 11:57pm
post #5 of 14

No hard feelings here!!! Looking forward seeing you around! Welcome back! icon_smile.gif

P.S. I do hope things work out for you.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 11:58pm
post #6 of 14

Welcome back, teresa. Glad you're giving CC a second chance. You won't find a more generous, knowledgable, or opinionated group of people...and I mean that in a good way. You can't put a price on what you will learn here or the friends you will make. Friends who you may never meet face to face, but would welcome into your home given the opportunity.

((((((((group hug))))))))

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:33am
post #7 of 14

honey really does gather more bees, doesn't it! yay!!!!

welcome to a fresh start on cc!!!!!!!!!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:59am
post #8 of 14

Teresa, welcome to the family fold, where we function like brothers and sisters who squabble and whine .... then give each other a big hug and a shoulder to lean on during the low points! thumbs_up.gif

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:33am
post #9 of 14

don't give it a second thought! sometimes unleashing is a great stress reliever thumbs_up.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 2:07am
post #10 of 14

HI and welcome to the fresh start on CC. We argue at times but don't all families icon_wink.gif

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 3:25am
post #11 of 14

I applaud you for coming back and apologizing. I hope things improve for you and your family. So many people are having a hard time. Everyone needs our prayers right now.

Hey, just remember you can vent anytime you need to and you will be amazed at how many people here will listen and give you encouragement. The lounge is the great forum for venting about anything and everything. Been there, done that and got the most generous outpouring of compassion.

Welcome and come back often. Keep us updated on things.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 3:34am
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TERESA77

Kind of makes me feel like a drug dealer icon_lol.gif )

I just caught this one ... we say the same thing! When people comment about how they can't get enough of our cookies, we tell 'em "We're the cocaine dealers of cookies ..... the free samples are to get ya hooked .... after that you p-a-a-a-a-a-y!!! Bwah-ha-ha-haaaa!"

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

And my daughter went thru the gas/daycare evaluation thing, too. Once they figured out that she was working basically to pay her car payment, gas to work, and daycare, they paid off her car with their tax refund and she became a stay-at-home mom. So yeah .... sometimes you don't even break even when you run the numbers.

Kazoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kazoot Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 6:30am
post #13 of 14

party.gif WHAAAHOOOO!!! Welcome to CC Teresa77!! You will find so much info on here you will not be able to believe it. We are sort of like a family. I am sending prayers your way............God Bless

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 11:40am
post #14 of 14

As for the working to pay day care - that is so me. I have four (as I have said before). During my last pregnancy, I lost my job due to preg complications. Well, after having the baby, we realized, unless I found a job paying a massive income, it would cost me to work and I would have someone else basically raising my babies. So, here I am, a SAHM. In the past two years, I have opened my own Child Care Consulting business, it is doing well. I have also taken up cake decorating - obviously I love the decorating. I would love to have a bakery, and we are looking into it. I turn down people all of the time, because of the same catch 22 - no license, no pay! However, I will admit that I have sold to family and close friends (they don't pay much, but cover some of my time and ingredients) Mostly, I give cakes, cookies and candies as gifts. It works great, people love having it, and it cost me a little in ingredients and I count my time as part of the gift! Wahoo!

Luckily, I don't have that much to learn about WHAT qualifies a kitchen. I have opened a daycare - and the kitchen requirements are about the same.

Good luck - and enjoy this community!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%