No Water

Decorating By Ayanami Updated 30 Oct 2008 , 7:09pm by Ayanami

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 8:53pm
post #1 of 4

I want to make a margarita cake for my SIL B-day but I have never doctored a cake. My idea (& tell me if this is way off base) is to take your basic classic white cake (no yokes) & substitute margarita mix for the water. Then I plan on filling the cake with a key lime pudding mix.

Do-able ? or crazy ? icon_confused.gif

Please respond!

PS. would I need to do something different about the oil? icon_confused.gif

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:08am
post #2 of 4

Certainly do ableicon_smile.gif No oil is needed but if you really feel you should add it go ahead.
I'm not fimilar w/this mix......does it have a lot of sugar in it? That could effect the baking of the cake.

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:45am
post #3 of 4

I keep the oil and substitute milk, liquor, etc. for the water and it has turned out perfect everytime. Should be okay as long as their isn't any sugar in the mix.

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 7:09pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you in advance for the advice. I'm not baking this cake till the week b4 Thanksgiving, so I have some thime for trial & error. I remebered that this site has a great recipe section (duh) icon_redface.gif so I searched for "margarita" and found 2 different recipes. I plan on using those 2 to create my own version. I will keep you posted on how well it turns out & I'll remember the recipe section in the future. icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%