Looking For Edible Gold Pen???????????

Decorating By abed Updated 30 Oct 2008 , 3:59pm by all4cake

abed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abed Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 13

I have heard there is a edible gold pen you can write with on fondant, has anyone heard or know where to get this pen?

12 replies
procrastibaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
procrastibaker Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 13

I found something on this site called technobake.com but it looks more like a gel you can check it out and see if it works for you

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 13

I'm not sure about a pen...yet.

If you're unable to find one would you be able to use the gold airbrush paint inside of one of those water pens...the ones used to put gumpaste pieces together?

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 9:24pm
post #4 of 13
Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 10:36pm
post #7 of 13

Oh, neat!! That's so cool!!

all4cake Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 3:26am
post #8 of 13

I don't know if it would flow through that but if airbrush colors(gold...and silver and others) are formulated to pass through an airbrush, it seems like it wouldn't give the brushes too much of a problem. I may have to try that idea myself. icon_smile.gif)

abed Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:52pm
post #9 of 13

Well, I llooked at all the sites you all recommended, but its not what I'm looking for, the closest was the dickblick site, but I don't know if the pen is edible. What I'm looking for is a gold pen that people have talked about to specificially write on for a louis vuitton cake, the symbols to be written in gold pen. thanks all.

all4cake Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:18pm
post #10 of 13

the ones at dick blick are actually empty reservoir pens that you fill(with water). what I was saying was, instead of water, couldn't you fill them with the edible gold lustre paint made for the airbrush?

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:27pm
post #11 of 13

I've actually found that it is easier for me to use a fine point paint brush to do lettering. I buy the clear plastic brushes so I can run them through the diswasher and I don't have to worry abut paint chipping off of the handle.

I don't have to worry about applying too much pressure or running out of ink in the middle of something. It looks more "clean" to me, too.

abed Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:35pm
post #12 of 13

That's a good idea all4cake, Icould fill it with water and some gold luster dust, great idea!!! Thanks. I'm not too good with a regular brush and painting on . Thanks, again.

all4cake Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:59pm
post #13 of 13

I would use the airbrush metallic gold...americolor and luck's both offer it...instead of using water and lustre dust. the dust may filter from the water and you be left with water writing.

Or you could use a LV stencil and airbrush. Or, if you are really crafty, make a LV stamp...moisten it, dip it into lustre dust and stamp it on.

I'm not good with brushing either...I'm always looking for ways around something. Good luck. I do hope you share your final piece and how you were able to accomplish the look. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%