Advice Needed On Taking Pictures Of Bagged Cookies

Decorating By GeminiRJ Updated 28 Oct 2008 , 7:32pm by kellymarie

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 8

I found some really appropriate scrapbook paper for making tags for the merit badge cookies that I did. I bagged the cookies and wanted to get a decent picture of them, but the glare was horrible! I tried different angles, but still wasn't happy with the results. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. (I attached the best picture I could get, and it still isn't very good).
LL

7 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 8

They look good. I can see the design fine. It may be just that you see them "live" ..... but they look good in this pic.

GeminiRJ Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:34pm
post #3 of 8

You don't find the glare distracting? It really bugs me. Granted, it doesn't look as bad shrunk down. Maybe I'm being too critical.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 8

You should PM someone who takes photo's with the plastic on and ask them how they do it.

Personally, I think the pic looks pretty good. I'm always unhappy with the pictures of my cakes as well.

Goodluck!!

Sweet-Dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Dreams Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 7:17pm
post #5 of 8

Let me begin by admitting I'm horrible at taking pictures!

I was wondering if moving them to somewhere with natural light and then taking a picture without the flash would work?

JaLa90016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaLa90016 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 7:17pm
post #6 of 8

The picture looks fine. I can see the cooks and they look great. Keep up the good work!!!

GeminiRJ Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 7:21pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet-Dreams

Let me begin by admitting I'm horrible at taking pictures!

I was wondering if moving them to somewhere with natural light and then taking a picture without the flash would work?

I will have to try this next time. I was taking the cookies to work to give to a co-worker to give to his troop, so nightime was the only chance I had of getting a photo.

kellymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellymarie Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 7:32pm
post #8 of 8

In my experience flash, and night time create the worst glare!! Try it in daytime and you will likely be pleasantly surprised!

they look great though! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%